PAP results that lead to cancer diagnosis? And LEEP suggestions

Hi, I’m new here. I’ve had abnormal pap smears with HR HPV 16 for the last four years. In those four years, the furthest I’ve gotten to is a colposcopy and the worst that’s shown is CIN 1 so it’s always been a wait and watch approach hoping it would resolve itself. This year my pap came back HSIL with AGC present, instead of doing a colposcopy my doctor decided to jump right to a LEEP because clearly something is going on and getting worse. I’m trying to prepare myself while also not jumping to conclusions. So I guess my question to you ladies who are diagnosed is, what were your pap results? In addition, if any, what symptoms did you have? (I’ve been having nausea/vomiting which is making me think maybe this is something :thinking:) Also for those who have had a LEEP, what are some suggestions/things I should know to prepare for the recovery involved?

For the recovery I would treat yourself to some really nice shower bits! I LOVE my baths and not being able to have them has hit hard, so anything to make that brighter. Also don’t underestimate how much time you will need to recover. It suggests you can go straight back to work, but I’ve been shattered since having it Wednesday and have really just wanted to chill!

1 Like

I second what leh says! Take your time getting back to normal life because they make out you’ll be able to get back to your normal activities striaght away, I had my LLETZ coming up to 4 weeks ago now and I’m still exhausted, the tiredness for me has been the biggest hit! Sending love

1 Like

Hi Kyra22,
I had CIN 2&3 at colposcopy and had a LLETZ 7 days ago.I had it under general anaesthetic as I am a bad patient for speculums and find them too sore (I possibily have endo which could be contributing to the pain).Anyhow I didn’t have any pain afterwards.I felt uncomforable- like the feeling of having a tampon in that is too dry.After a few days I noticed little brown bits and something that looked like a bit of tissue or something they left in there.The uncomfortable feeling was gone then.I am on my period now and the consultant said it would be heavy.So far it has been heavy but not any more than heavy periods I’ve had in the past.I have been told to expect bleeding in the 2nd week after the procedure when the scab is expected to come away from the cervix.Sorry if this is too much info! But that that is where I am at
.I am quite sporty and knew swimming was out but the consultant said no running or cycling for 4 weeks when I asked.No baths,no tampons,no sex- all these things can cause infection.No lifting weights or heavy exercise until bleeding has stopped.I took 2 days off-the procedure day and the next day and that was all I needed really.

1 Like