Pain & after Smear/Colposcopy

Hi,

sorry I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but a few days ago I went for an appointment for a colposcopy, I'm 21 years old

i've always had very heavy painful periods to the point I'm very ill and sometimes sick, they last 7/8 days.. I was also getting some pain after intrecourse (sometimes) and also odd spotting but this stopped about 6 months ago

anyway I went for my appointment, the doctor asked if I had bleeding after intercourse.. I told her no but I did get some pain sometimes

they didn't want to do anything unless they had to (due to my age) but after looking on the camera she decided to do a smear test.. this was very painful and she kept asking if I was on any hormone treatment at all, I said no and she seemed confused, she also asked wether i smoked and was digging around doing things (I was in too much discomfort to be listening at this point) she told me I may get bleeding / spotting for a couple days and afterwards she said "what I've done today should stop the bleeding" but I'd just told her I had no bleeding after intercourse??

i asked her what she'd done and she said a smear test and to wait to hear back on my results

i was in agony for hours after having this done.. crying in pain for about 2 hours and pain killers did not help.. I had to take the following day off work and the last two days I've experienced a grey coloured discharge with black bits in it (looks like dirt... gross I know) but this was my first time having a smear and I'm just wondering if all of this is normal? Or wether she has done more than a smear and it was a colposcopy? I'm pretty clueless on this and I'm just waiting to hear back now... but the whole thing has me pretty traumatised and im not sure if the grey/black is normal? Also just touching my lower stomach area has me twitchy, just thinking about it is making me nauseous to the point I can never imagine having intercourse again! I'm probably over reacting I know but the whole thing was just awful

thank you for reading my ramble!

Hello, 

I have had about 8 or 9 smears in about 3 years and after every smear test I get pain like bad period pain. I tend to take ibuprofen before my smear as these tablets can generally take 45 mins to work and then I always end up being back in bed afterwards with a hot water bottle. 

Did they just do the smear or did they do a biospy as well?