Over 4 weeks of waiting for Lletz results :(

Hi,

It has been over 4 weeks since my Lletz for high grade/severe abnormalities. My results have been on the consultants desk for a week so I know that must mean it can’t be really bad news but I just need to know :frowning:

Hi JD1234,

Are you able to call your consultant/hospital to ask when you're likely receive your results or if they can tell you over the phone? 

I'm also waiting for results of lletz. Not for as long but I still drive myself crazy with worry over what the results might be.

Thanks for the reply :)

I called the secretary yesterday and she said they are very busy and couldn't tell me when I might get a letter. I love next to the hospital so asked if I could pick up the letter once it was done and she said she'd forget to call me so would just put it in the post. I'm just so tired from not sleeping well and can't seem to function at work. It's horrible isn't it! I'm hoping your results come sooner than mine. Good luck x

You're welcome :)

That doesn't sound very understanding of the Secretary, considering where they work, I appreciate they are busy but I'd expect more compassion and understanding.

I hope you receive yours before too long. It's not fair that you have to wait this long. 

I totally understand that, I feel very similar with the tiredness and lack of concentration at work. I hate waiting for results. You would think nowadays they could send them by secure email to speed up the process. 

Thank you x and I wish you all the best with yours too. I hope they come soon. 

I'm sorry your going through this. The waiting is the hardest part of this whole process. I know it's hard but try not to worry. Whatever the news, good or bad you will have support on this group. I hope they come soon and I'm thinking of you. Please keep us updated. Try calling the office once a day. Might just get them to sort then out quicker x

You're right, the waiting is so hard. I called them again today and she said she couldn't go into too much detail but that they removed CIN 3 in the Lletz and they were happy they got it all. Test of cure in 6 months. So relieved! x

Hi JD1234,

That's great news.

I got my results yesterday. I was told they found cin3, so I'm guessing that means it got worse, as on the biopsy they found cin2 and then I waited 2 months for treatment. Anyway I was told similar to you, i have to go back in 6 months for a test of cure and colpscopy.