not sure how to feel

Hi guys,
So today i went back to hospital after high grade result then colposcopy and loop… well today i was told that i had cervical cancer however it was early stage ( 1a1) and they where confident it had been removed during the original loop procedure. Obviousy i was shocked and happy at the same time! its a strange feeling to be told u had cancer but its all gone in one go! Im aware how lucky i am and feeling so grateful it was caught so early on…but im also feeling a bit emotional and paranoid i think because i know it was there but am not having to do anything …has anyone else had this result, how did u feel and what happened? Im worrying that they missed something or that its going to come back? Iv got all the facts about how likely that is but im still feeling stange and kind of anti-climactic in a way and want to hear from someone who has also felt or been through this …any advice is so welcome… :slight_smile:

Hello honey!!

I was the same as you! 1a1 adenocarcinoma found via colposcop...initially this was all removed via lletz as I a cone biopsy after and that was clear! Yes, I felt the same as you too...like they had missed something! I even asked if they had gone in at the right angle as I was petrified they had missed completely! (Rolls eyes) and to be honest still to this day I'm worried they've missed something!! 

I opted to have a hysterectomy to make sure anyway and I'm 18 weeks post op now...I was diagnosed in july.

What your thinking and feeling is completely normal! We've all had the same thoughts and feelings like you...I've recently been refered for counselling as I allowed my thought process to engulf me and quite frankly I was a mess. 

But onwards and upwards!! 

Take it easy girl xxx 

Thanks for your reply!

Im so glad to hear from someone whos had a similar experience and had the same feelings.I was feeling so gulity like  was being dramatic and had no right to feel upset about it as i know how lucky i was, so im glad to know its normal to feel this way.

Hope counselling helps for you and u begin to get back to "normal" thats what im looking forward to..not thinking about it everyday and being myself again.

Holly xx

Hi holwebb

I'm going through a similar thing myself. Got called back for a 2nd lletz as results showed after 1st treatment there was still abnormalities showing. At the appointment I was told I had 1a1. 5mm squamous cell carcinoma. This was a massive shock as was told during 1st procedure if they saw anything or was concerned about anything they would tell me there and then, but nothing was said. Was told at 2nd appointment that the 1st procedure they took 11mm where normally they only take 7mm,But they still hadn't got clear margins. The consultant was confident they would get it all during this 2nd treament and I would be cured and will not need any further treament. They took a further 6/7mm.

I'm finding it hard to believe them as they never mentioned the extra amount they took to begin with. My cells have been sent off marked as urgent. 

im trying to stay positive as the doctor sounded so confident and optimistic, but feels strange knowing I had cancer and now hopefully it is all gone without feeling particularly unwell or anything. I just cant get my head around it. 

Exactly the same for me. it's been 5 days since I found out  and I'm not sure how to feel! i want to be proactive but I don't know what to do!