Not optimistic

Hi 

Im 25 and had an abnormal smear result at the beginning of September. My GP who informed me by telephone was quite dramatic the way she delivered the news. She was vague with technical terms but just said I needed to be checked whether I had cervical cancer or not by having a biospy. The earliest appt. They could give me was the 3rd October as I was away on holiday.

I was very worried but my sister has just been through this and has CIN2 result and is not sure whether she will get treatment. She was hopeful I would be ok as shes a junior doctor and goes with statistics. 

I've had a funny feeling somethings not right as I had a baby in December and have had irregular bleeding which I thought was due to me getting back to normal after the birth.

At my colposcopy appt the consultant was straight to the point and said I had very high grade cells which needed treatment by LLETZ there and then. I was quite shocked at this. After she did the procedure she automatically booked another appt. For me to see her in 3 weeks time. She also said the worst case scenario is that I have early cervical cancer. I wish I had asked more questions. I can't help but prepare for the worst because I know it can't be good news that she has already booked to see me shortly when my sister is having her results by post in 4-6 weeks.

I am feeling broken at the thought of battling this when I have a 2 year old to look after and a 9 month old. I have no family living near me only my husband. I just needed to vent here because I don't feel like my family can understand. They tell me to be positove but it's so hard to. 

Thanks.

Fliss

It is a worry and the waiting makes it worse. And as easy as it is for people to say stay positive that isn't the first thing on your mind in the face of the unknown. 

I've been up and very down over the last few weeks waiting for results. I can only imagine what's going through your mind when you have 2 young children, so go ahead and rant away on here.

lex x

Hi Lex

Thanks for your reply it's nice to hear from someone who can understand what your going through. The wait is so hard, I find thinking of the worst mentally prepares me better so that I can be ready for a fight if the worst happens. My family just tell me to look ahead and keep busy but it's tough to as my mind is running overdrive. When do you get your results?

FlissX

I completely understand about that mental preparation thing, hopefully it will all be wasted energy.I  had my procedure almost 3 weeks ago, it's a 6/8 week timescale for results.

.x

Hopefully you have good news and all clear also hopefully you wont have to wait too much longer. My results are only taking 3 weeks I can't help but think that's a bad thing.

X