Newly diagnosed- shell shock

Hi. This is my first post (I suspect the first of many…)
I was diagnosed last week after having a hysteroscopy & polyp removed at the end of September. Results were slow to come through as polyp wasn’t suspected to be cancerous. Yesterday I had an MRI scan, tomorrow is my CT scan and MDT meeting on Thursday.
I just feel like I’ve been knocked sideways by this. I swing between crying, being brave and being totally irate. I just wanted to post here, in a safe space, where people know how I am feeling.
Thanks for reading.
Claire

2 Likes

Sending lots of long distance hugs your way. It’s a crappy club to belong to, but supportive!

1 Like

Hiya. This is a shitty club 2 belong 2,but u are amongst friends here. I no u will worry and ur all over the place at the moment,but once u get a clearer picture of wat’s going on then u can try and make sense of it all. Try 2 be positive,i no it’s easier said than done. Hugs and best wishes xx

1 Like

Im so sorry that you’re finding yourself here. This is always a safe space and you are amongst others who are at all stages of this. The waiting times are awful, but I hope you’re able to find support here.

1 Like

Hi
Not knowing is the worst feeling.
I remember it well but you will soon have a plan and start your journey.
Try to be calm you will soon be doing something positive about the situation and feel more in control. Wishing you all the best.

1 Like

Hi

I went through the same in May this year and has a lletz style to try and remove it but it was not r successful and I then had a radical hysterectomy in June.

I’m here for you- just pm me. About anything, any time. I know your pain right now. It’s terrifying but know that they can treat it and they will- remember that. Xx

Louise

1 Like

I just wanted to say thank you for your replies. Your support means so much and knowing that I am not on my own is amazing.
I had my MRI and CT scan this week. MDT meeting was Thursday and I am meeting my consultant on Monday afternoon to hear results and next steps.
Please beam positive thoughts and prayers my way. I’ll keep you posted.
Take care of yourselves. Claire xx

1 Like