NEWLY DIAGNOSED - KERATINIZING SQUAMOUS CARCINOMA

hello beautiful ladies,

i have read and reread every post twice before finally getting my diagnoses yesterday. my mind is a blur about what the dr said except for cancer and referals to the cancer clinic for staging. but my question is, has anyone else here been diagnosed with keratinizing squamous cell carcinoma? it was seen on my cervix at colposcopy and discovered also through the endocervical cerettings. it has been diagnosed as invasive and is well differentiated. all of my googling has come up with only a bit of info and its never good news. any info would be greatly appreciated.

much love to you all

ANYONE??

Hi CClay

I had 2b keratinozing squamous cell about 2 years ago and my was moderate differentiated. I had a radical hysterectomy and also chemo and radiation. Like you when I first got told about mine I ask the same thing on here and I think most of the ladies have the other kind of cc. I am from the US.Where are you from if You don’t mind. If you have any more questions I can try to answer or maybe some of the other ladies will help too. Pray all is good for you:-)

hi Mmouse

im in british columbia canada. thanks so much for replying! I was begining to wonder if anyone was lol!!

so with my tumour on my cervix I also have invasive adensquamous as well. im waiting for my MRI appointment but from what ive read the adenosquamous is rare and fast moving. i only got my biop results last week and im feeling so anxious to know what stage i am. i have been told that i am leaning more towards radiation which scares me more than the thought of chemo.

hi Mmouse

im in british columbia canada. thanks so much for replying! I was begining to wonder if anyone was lol!!

so with my tumour on my cervix I also have invasive adensquamous as well. im waiting for my MRI appointment but from what ive read the adenosquamous is rare and fast moving. i only got my biop results last week and im feeling so anxious to know what stage i am. i have been told that i am leaning more towards radiation which scares me more than the thought of chemo.

Hi

Hope all is well for you. As for the adenosquamous I really don’t know to much about. But you also have squamous cell too am I right? I do know that some are more aggressive then others but the doctors know what they are doing and the radiation and chemo work great. Don’t worry to much about the radiation I got the dirrera about the third week. It is not to bad You will be ok.

Hi, I’m adenosquamous stage 2b. You’re right in saying that it’s rarer than squamous cell or adenocarcinoma but still very treatable! The treatment is the exact same for all these types of cancer. I’m on my 3rd week of chemo and radiotherapy at the moment and so far it’s not been too bad! It’s totally doable! Xx