Invasive squamous cell carcinoma

I was diagnosed on Nov 6 with invasive squamous cell carcinoma. The doctor says it is growing from the top of my cervix down and I have a tumor behind my cervix (between cervix and rectum). I had a hysterectomy 7 years ago because of fibroids removing only my uterus. Since I have no uterus my doctor is concerned the cancer could have gone to my abdomen. Scheduled to see the oncologist tomorrow. I'm not sure what to expect but I have never been in such a dark place. How to you keep going with this news? How do you not allow it to take over every thought? Maybe the positivity comes after I meet with oncology and find out what stage I'm at. I sure hope so. 

Hi, I’m so sorry you’re going through this. I’m sure it’s Very hard to stay positive. I wish you the best. Please keep us posted. 

Hi Witchy. Very similar to my history. I had a hysterectomy 12 years ago due to large fibroids. All my smears had come back clear since then but like you mine had grown inside. It hadn't spread to the abdomen but there was a suspicious lymph node. I was diagnosed stage 2b. That was treated with chemo and radiotherapy initially which is all most people need., Mine unfortunately recurred and I have since had a PE operation. I'm still around and feeling good so try to stay positive and take one day at a time.

xx Sue

Thanks SoozeH. Im sorry to hear that you had a recurrence but I am so happy to hear you are doing well! . I think the waiting is the hardest thing. I had my PETscan on Friday now I don't have my MRI till Monday and back to Oncology on Tuesday for results. 

Hi Jen! So sorry to hear your news... I too just got results back from a biopsy on Nov. 20th and have been diagnosed with Cervical cancer! It is the scariest thing I have ever heard. My heheart literally sank. I am 33 years old and just recently had my miracle baby. She is 6 months old now. All I can think is, am I going to get to watch my baby girl grow up? I got in to meet with my oncologist yesterday and going off of the physical exam in the office I have 1b2 cervical cancer.... we will know more after I get my scans in 2 weeks. The waiting is so hard. Here it is Thanksgiving and all you can think is, will this be my last. A lot of my family know about it but did not bring it up and it helps to not talk about it especially at Thanksgiving dinner. But then on the way home the realization that you were hoping was only a dream- sinks right back in and you are reminded that this is for real.