New to the club

Hi everyone,

I am new to the club as of 8 hours ago. (Not the best club I've ever joined I will be honest) but it's great to have you ladies here. 

i got told today that I have got cervical cancer (1a1) don't have much info as my appointment actually isn't actually until next Friday but I basically demanded that my GP get me the results and tell me before my consultant did next Friday as I knew they were bad. I've already had the Loop extention under GA 2 weeks ago and now awaiting my app with my lead consultant at hospital next Friday where I will be meeting to discuss my treatment plan. I know I will be having an MRI too on the day. What is everyone else's experiences with treatment of this stage as currently I am a bit in the dark as like my GP said she was reading off a histology report and didn't know what my treatment team would decide. 

Any advice is much appreciated.

LC x 

Hi Lucy,

I am in the exact same position. I was diagnosed mid-April after demanding the biopsy report from my gp as I was abroad and hospital refused to communicate the findings. I only saw my consultant yesterday. I am only referred for a pelvic ultrasound at the moment and they suggest we take the wait-and-see approach with a colposcopy in four months as my cone biopsy excision margins are clear.

He explained that the treatment very much depends on the invasion depth (I guess yours is also less than 3mm as they gave you stage 1a1), if the suspect lymphonode permeation and if the invasion affects squamous or glandular cells. It is also important to know if the LEEP margins are clear.

Try not to worry and in the meanwhile prepare your questions for the consultant.

I was told that 1a1 is very treatable and has a very low recurrence rate.

Best of luck and let me know how your appointment goes x

C.