MRI waiting time

Hi I got diagnosed with cc last Tuesday, I got told I would need a MRI scan just wondering how long after diagnosis did people wait for there scan

hi gemnoo,

I think it depends on where you are in the country, I am in a city where there are a lot of facilities with MRI so I had my scan 7 days after diagnosis meeting. I was sent to a strange little private hospital that was down a residential road, looked like someone's house! This was due to covid, they don't normally scan NHS patients there.

If you are in an area where there are fewer facilities then it would understandably take a little longer to be booked in. I believe the NHS benchmark is that you are supposed to start some sort of treatment within 31 days of confirmed diagnosis or 62 days of suspected diagnosis. These are the timescales outside of covid so it was explained to me that they were still trying their best to stick to them but may not always be possible 

It must be really difficult waiting around to hear about your appointment, could you call a nurse at the colposcopy clinic and see if she can chase it up or give you a timescale? Sorry you are waiting, this really is the hardest bit xxx

Hey, gemnoo

I am so sorry to hear of your diagnosis, but you have definitely come to the right place for answers and support.  I was right where you are now just three months ago, so all of the feelings are still really fresh for me.  I live in the United States, so my answer about the MRI will not be overly helpful, but I had to wait about a week and a half for mine.  I was was diagnosed March 20 and had the scan on April 1.

The waiting really is the hardest part of all.  Easy to let you mind go completely crazy. The best thing to do is take one day at a time and try to distract yourself the best you can. Hope you are doing well and keep us posted on when your MRI will be.

Stay Strong!