Mri.. how long ?

Hi 

I was told on Monday 10th I have cervical cancer I went for an MRI today Tuesday 18th how long did everyone wait to hear back from there MRI ?

Thank you x

Hi

Im sorry about your diagnosis, the waiting feels forever. My scans usually take 1-2 weeks to get my results, my diagnosis scan took one week, it can depend on what day MDT falls as they seem to like to discuss them at the meeting in my experience before sharing the results. Good luck x

I’m so sorry to hear this Natasha, my results were 1 week but I think that was because of the timing of my scan and the MDT meeting. Hopefully it’ll be no more than 2 weeks for you, the waiting is definitely the worst.

One of the consultants said to me “remember the cancer is not doing fireworks and spreading all over while you’re waiting, I know that’s what you’re worrying about”, she was absolutely right, I was worried it was everywhere. 

xxxxxxx

Hi thank you for your replys I know the meeting in my local hospital is on a Friday I go away on the 1st so don't really want them ringing when I'm away that's all xx

I waited 7 days from scan to MDT meeting X