Minor changes got to wait 6 months

Hi everyone

So I’m new on here and really just looking for some advice/reassurance. For about half a year now I’ve let Google get into my head and I’ve been constantly worried about cervical cancer. (This site has been a godsend though) had some irregular bleeding but doctor says most likely down to the contraceptive implant. So, skip forward a few months and the doctor agrees to calm my nerves to move my smear test forward a wee bit. Got it done on the 5th of Jan this year and got my results back today saying I had shown minor changes and to go back in 6 months time for another one. So I’ve spent the whole day worrying and trying to be realistic and it’s not really working. Just wondering if anyone has had something similar.

And yes I’m a major worrier! Sorry :slight_smile:

March 2014 - normal smear age 20
Jan 2016 - smear age 23
01-02-16 smear shows minor changes, got to back in 6 months

Hiya x 

I myself am worried about results. But being told to go back for normal smear tests in 6 months sounds like it could be good news.

If you have any questions or concerns talking to your gp can help xxx

This website is a great place to communicate with others on a similar situation and do research.

We all get worried about smear results but there's always help and there's always hope xxxx

Much love x

Hiya x 

I myself am worried about results. But being told to go back for normal smear tests in 6 months sounds like it could be good news.

This website is a great place to communicate with others on a similar situation and do research.

We all get worried about smear results but there's always help and there's always hope xxxx

Much love x

Hiya x 

Much love x

Hiya x 

Much love x

Hi Sweetie900

Yeah hopefully im just overreacting. :( think its going to be hard waiting 6 months, hopefully i start to relax a bit! and yeah going to speak to my GP next week when shes back from holiday.

Thanks for the reply means alot :) xxxx

March 2014 - normal smear age 20
Jan 2016 - smear age 23
01-02-16 smear shows minor changes, got to back in 6 months

Hi ladies I really feel for you I've just had 3 weeks from hell awaiting my smear results. I'm 31 and had my first smear I know I'm silly, I'd been having symptoms and the nurse advised I needed a smear and swabs. My swabs came back fine in a few days but my smear results have taken over 3 weeks to arrive, it shows borderline results no HPV but a retest date of 2019! I'm not too sure wherher that's right as I thought if tests were abnormal it was 6 months. So now I'm back to worrying xx

Hi I'm in the same sort of situation though mine came back a stage further. I was also tested for hpv which was negative. I now go back in 2021 as I'm over 50. This is in 5 years which seems a very long time away. It's now policy to do this in the nhs as they believe nearly all cervical cancer is caused by hpv. I have decided to go privately to have another smear in a years time. At least then I will know if things have gone back to normal or not. I feel quite angry about this as worrying for the next five years would not be good for my health. As I live in a rural area I will have to pay the only private doctor I can find £150. Expensive but will save for it as worth the peace of mind. Also test results will be sent to my doctor who will then follow up if needed. If you live near or in a city costs about £90 might be worth thinking about. Hope this is helpful thought of maybe starting a petition about this as if you can get 100,000 signatures it then has to be discussed in parliament. xxx