Mild Dyskaryosis and High Risk HPV

Hello lovely ladies,

I am 25 and found out 2 weeks ago that I had mild changes known as Dyskaryosis and high risk HPV.

I have been to the hospital earlier this week and had a colonoscopy and had a biopsy taken. So waiting to hear back. Which I didnt find to bad by holding my hands over my eyes very much like when you have to cover a destressed animal with a blanket, not seeing what was going on helped me to zone out and get on with what needed to be done. Funny thing was one of the nurses felt faint watching my show and I found her outside with some water when I left hospital, for which I appologised for making her feel ill lol. 

I am very much grateful I went for screening and have managed to have these changes caught early. Its also a little annoyed because I am one of the few remaining ages of girls who did not receive the HPV vaccine. In high in sight you think to urself that you should have gone to the docs and joined in on the protection, but as everyone does you dont think it will happen to you.

My other worry is that I have recently started a new relationship and now im worried that my partner has been infected. :( 

Life really does test us at times. Smears save lives and to be honest I'm just so thankful that I have a chance for my cells to return to normal if my biopsy comes back with hopefully good news. 

Is anyone else in the same boat as me??

Much <3

Hi Fairy,

Sorry nobody else has spoken to you yet, no worries. Yours is a lovely up-beat post and I'm glad you wrote it. 

Don't fret about infecting your partner, chances are that unless (s)he is a virgin, (s)he has already been exposed to HPV anyway. We can't live our lives feeling responsible for everybody else.

Go well

Tivoli

Thanks Tivoli

Im still waiting on my results. Since I've posted this message im slightly reassured that others have exactly the same results as me. I think having the 'Mild' abnormalitie s and the hope that you will be the 50% that clears up is a real pressure I know I am putting on myself but of course I have no control over. Im hopeing my Biopsy comes back with the good news that I am being positive for. I have no come to terms with it I think. It has been a real help that my brother is training to be a doctor and that he has said to me that I couldnt of avoided contracting it even using condoms and that I would really not know how long I had had it for. The other worries are the other cancers it can cause but my bro has again told me I may hav a higher risk but in actual fact till at a very low risk or the docs would be screening me for everything else as well. 

I'm fortunate I have family and friends who I can trust and openly talk to about my worries which I believe is the real first step in coming to terms with something like this. Holding it all in and stressing yourself out its not good for your health anyway. 

I will keep posting what happens as I'm sure other women will read this and want to know what happens I know I would.

<3

Also trying to typw this at work also causes you to have really bad spelling lol xx

Hi Just an update on whats been happening with me.

I had the biopsy results back which showed no CIN and just a mild HPV infection. So I have gone back to normal recall .. ever so happy. Im hoping that the mild HPV will subside and clear, But least I know im going to be making sure I will go to every smear!! Better to be safe than sorry.

I have to say this website has really helped me :)

<3

Hi ladies, 

I'm 25

Could really do with some information and advice,

Basically I've been with my boyfriend for 1 year when we first got together I noticed two very small lumps on his penis questioned him about it of course and he said he had them checked out and they're just skin tags wasn't any need to treatment as they wasn't causing him any harm, anyway 6 months later I noticed a small lump on my labia greatly distressed I've never had an STI in my life and only been with 2 people I went straight to the GUM clinic I was them told it was a genital wart and gave me some Aldara cream more warts came but the cream was successful and the warts went, after that I made my boyfriend go back to the doctors and I went with him to make sure this time and then was informed the "skin tags" were genital warts. I can't prove that if he did ever go to the doctors or in fact knew he had genital warts all along. Anyway I was due my first smear test and of course received a letter back with abnormal results in which read high risk HPV mild dyskaryosis I was so confused because all I've done is obsessed about looking up genital warts and HPV when I first found out I had them and I've read the HPV you get from genital warts doesn't cause high risk HPV but yet I am high risk? have I got two different HPV viruses in me? I went to the colposcopy and told them about the genital warts and was inform my cells have just started changing CIN 1 and because I'm healthy and don't smoke 50/50 it will go on its own or it won't and I'll need treatment and to go back next year but then she informs me that I have warts way up in side and I'll have to return to the GUM clinic to get these treated I left feeling even worse 50/50 chance didn't like them odds and also I had no idea about the ones inside so I went to the GUM clinic the next day to be told they don't deal with them if they're way up in side it's the gynaecologist gist (where I'd just been) that deals with them, I left feeling angry and upset about the whole situation, I've been to 3 different doctors for advice each telling me completely different things I'm hoping someone on here could clear some up for me

1. Can genital warts cause high risk HPV in some cases or do I have two different types?

2. My boyfriend is on going treatment (Aldara) which is showing signs of working but sex is a obvious no go for me at the moment but he is a smoker I know treatment is less successful if you do smoke.. My question is if I get rid of the virus and he doesn't is it just going to keep coming back to me? I ask this because one doctor said no it doesn't go back and forth but another said it will keep attacking me if he isn't rid of it and the same if he is rid of it and I'm not.

3. Am I stuck with this forever? I'm absolutely terrified and I feel like I've ruined my life severely depressed about it and I'm ashamed to speak to anyone that isn't my boyfriend about it who doesn't understand the seriousness about it all.