Meeting with consultant was today....

So today I had my consultant meeting after my story in my tag and thought wouid update. The cells were sent for further testing after the results of the last lletz and they found cells they didn't like. She basically said that some cells are precancerous, some are on the line and a "couple have turned". She asked if we had finished family which we have, my fiancé and I have 3 kiddies between us and I'm 39 in 2 months.
As I had CGIN she said that if they repeated the procedure, they may have to "keep digging" and still not getting it all, she was great and drew diagrams for me to try and show me. So we could try another lletz or other procedures but if we weren't having more family she wouid recommend a hysterectomy as it will remove the small amount that is there and then it won't be hanging over me with and no frequent checks and worry of it coming back. So I have said we will do that. 
it'll be approx 4-6 weeks away and will have pre assessment etc.

My question is has anyone been here with the same story as what I have said she told me ie couple of cells etc? I kind of feel like Is it really cancer? She said she couldn't leave it and it needed addressed etc but I also think she kind of played it down as well so I was struggling to take it all in. My partner was with me and he said she definitely said there was cancer there but I didn't realise that I don't know why. I just thought she said it was turning into it.

If anyone has been where I am it wouid be good to know. 
Thanks in advance to everyone for their support and advice you may give xxx

Hi kimmy 

all my love 

It sounds as if you have made your mind up and at least that will be an end to the worrying. 
Seens speedy progression, I do sometimes wonder that all they tell is about hpv being slow is often hogwash and they are underplaying it. 

Thanks for your message 

Yes I am glad I made a decision as lke you say the decision is then made. And they are being speedy which is also good xxx

Hi kimmy 

I kind of meant that HPV was sometimes speedy but also quite right that your treatment also will be. I was just reading some research, I think the only other option was cone, but as you say it would draw things out and might be more anxiety provoking 

Hi Kimmy I had a very similar experience in 2015, although mine was cin not cgin. Had lletz for cin3 then called in for meeting to discuss results where they told me they found a 'tiny focus of cancer cells'. It was 1.4 mm and the stage was 1a1. It had already been fully removed in the lletz but I then had to have a cone biopsy which came back completely clear. I know they say with cgin there's more chance of skip lesions so hysterectomy recommended if you don't mind and have no plans for more children although I've read of peoole on here that just have cone biopsy or trach then have close monitoring. I have to go for yearly check ups now, smear and colposcopy but I do find the check ups very stressful.

Hi Libby

Thanks so much for your message. 
Sounds like mine is a very similar story to yours, I'm glad you managed to get sorted and clear results. I didn't get told a grade or size or anything just that it was basically very small / tiny area. She did say there were other ones that were on the verge of "turning" so there is clearly more lurking in there looking to develop. That was what I thought about stressful and she said the same, it can be stressful getting checked constantly and sometimes it's best not to have it hanging over you kind of thing. It's still scary and worrying. She told me that I would need to have a smear 6 months after then 18 months after which I am confused by but didn't think at the time so that worries me a bit but just keeping note of questions xxx