Mass 12cm found

I’ve just had a scan which identified a mass of 12cm, the consultant doing the scan was quite vague and went from calling if firstly a fibroid to then referring to it as a tumor. I’ve noticed symptoms for the last 4 weeks and felt a mass back then but my doctor said at the time it was my stomach muscles ! I Have an appointment next week to discuss treatment but I’m worried sick. Would he have been able to tell by the scan if it was a fibroid or a cancerous tumor. Thanks 

Hiya

I think it depends on the type of scan. My MRI showed a mass, but I need a PET-CT to confirm what it is.

xx

Hi there,

What kind of scan did you have? I'm going in for ultrasounds today and I have a grapefruit sized pelvic mass in my lower abdomen I can feel and see sticking up when lying on my back, not while standing up. Doc said my uterus is hard and enlarged. She ordered these ultrasounds right away. Very scared too. Did your doctor tell you anything else yet? And, hiya, where is your mass? I'm curious and think my mass may be related to my high risk HPV. Hoping for the best for all of us.