Mri and ct

Hello to everyone here 

new here just wondering I’ve got mri and ct scan on Tuesday 

how long till I here about results ?

haven’t heard about my biopsy or bloods yet either after I’ve had ultrascan internal and External which was on 4th June 

consultant found mass 37mm on cervix 

Im going mad out my mind,but this forum and the site is helping so much even though I don’t know what stage I’m at 

seeing how all you lovely ladies are being so strong and supportive .

Symptoms 

bleeding between periods ,after sex and bm for about 4 months

pain in leg as well as armpit 2 months 

Hello Jen 12,      Sorry you find yourself here , but here you are so take a deep breath try and stay calm and let the hospital do their investigations.    I see you got your scan appointments very quickly so they are oviously very good and are on the case.    Scan results can vary from area to area.    However,  if it is a urgent referal you are looking at a wait of two to three weeks.    Even with these results they still might not have gathered all the information they need and you will then need a PET scan.    I hope  some of this information has helped .  xxx

Hello flower power 

thank you for replying it’s lovely to hear from you 

yes the consultant as put down as urgent ,I do feel lucky as some of you lovely ladies have waited much longer

I’m not up on all this medical terms so I end up googling to find out which I know is stupid.i don’t know what a PET scan is but thank you for letting me know

how are you? 

I’m so grateful to you for responding

jen xx

Hi Jen12

I’m sorry you find yourself in this situation. The waiting is just the worst and the uncertainty is so difficult to deal with.

I had an approx 2cm mass on my cervix which initially was not thought to be cancerous however there was some malignancy in. By FIGO guideline any visible mass should be classed as at least 1B but not a large amount so clinically 1A.

I had MRI and CT and the results of these were available after a week for discussion at MDT. I think I was lucky with the timings of my scans in relation to when the MDT meeting was. I didn’t find out my staging until after the MDT. Even then I’ve had a repeat LLETZ to triple check.

All these tests allow for an accurate treatment plan that will give you the best chance of a cure. Hopefully once discussed at MDT you’ll know more.

xxxxx

Thank you lotty,

yes it’s very upsetting and a worrying time but it’s a great help you ladies are here helping each other and me through this.

yes I’m hoping and wanting the MDT appointment will be soon so I know where I amfeeling abit false at the moment not knowing where I’m at but your mind can’t help but think the worst.

your a great help though reading what you are going through and flowerpower too

I’m sorry you are going through this,it’s a tense time for you too I see your waiting for more results too and decisions to still be made I wish you all the best and keep in touch 

jen xx

You too! 

Always on and off here if you need a chat. It’s a really tough time, and it’s totallt normal that your mind is going into overdrive.

Let us know how you get on and keep in touch xxxx