Lymph involvement??

Hi Ladies. I'm diagnosed so far with stage 2b cc. I had an MRI monday and a CT wednesday. My next appointment is tuesday with the chemo dr. My concern now, is that the results of the scan will show lymph involvement. I have what i hope isnt a stupid question, but .... Can you FEEL if there is cancer in the lymph nodes?? What I mean is, does it feel different than not? I am crampy in my abdomen so much of the time, Im thinking its because its in the lymoh nodes (i have obviously no idea of the anatomy and its workings) Could the crampiness be from nerves being bothered by the swelling in the cervix from the tumor... much like the back aches?? Im sure I'll probably know the results of the scans on tuesday, but in the meantime, im of course freaking out. Does anyone have any insight here?? Thank you so much. You girls are so wonderful to have during this scary stuff!! xoxo

Hi Sarapup,

I don't think you will be able to tell if the cancer has spread to your pelvic lymph nodes. My surgical team didn't  think it was in my nodes when they looked at them but when they were tested in the lab they were found to have cancer in two of them. 

I know it's tough waiting but Tuesday will soon be here and you will know.

Good luck with everything,

Cara xxx

I was told after mri and ct that my nodes locally are affected so having a pet scan to check if any others are involved.

I have crampimg as well as horrid back and hip pain plus toilet truloubles but think thats from constant bleeding and tumour putting pressure on everything inside including nerves plus had back problems before, fibromyalgoa and a section 13 weeks ago so could be anything. xxx

Thank you ladies. I think I'll know for sure at my meeting tomorrow. Waiting is awful. 

xoxo

Waiting is horrid! Good luck for tomorrow xx

Hello. I know this is an old post but was wondering if there are any symptoms when your lymph nodes are involved. Like pain where the nodes are?