Worrying

I had a check up in August and everything was ok apart from the doctor saying he could feel my lymph nodes on my left side, but he said this is common in a slim person like me! He said I was due an MRI scan and to go back in a month for the results. I've had the scan and I have an appointment on 25th September to get the results.

I've been trying not to worry too much about this until I received a copy of the letter yesterday which the hospital send to my doctor and in this it says "there was a small palpable mass, which is fixed to the left iliac fossa pelvis, measures approximately 1cm and is only present on deep palpation". I have no idea what this means and I'm freaking out! 

I know there is nothing I can do and I just have to wait until next weeks appointment, but I was just wondering if anyone knows what this means, I've googled but haven't really got anywhere apart from getting myself in a bit of a state! 

Mel xx 

Wish I could help but can't sending all my love I'm sure some of the lovely ladies on here might know xx

Hi Mel 

I have no idea what that means either. I can say that earlier this year my doctor also said i have a node that can be felt in my groin (im also small framed) but it is not sinister (as scan was clear). 

I have read numerous times on here about findings of lumps and bumps that turn out to be nothing. 

If you're feeling like you can't wait you could phone the hospital and see if the nurse can tell you more over the phone. 

We are here for you Mel! Sending big hugs. 

Rosie xx

Thank you for the support xx

I had my results appointment on Monday and the doctor said the MRI scan showed no tumour but did show fluid/cysts and he said they were going to have a meeting about me and I have to go back in two weeks to see what happens next.  Although I'm  happy the scan showed no tumour I feel confused and still very scared and don't know what to really make of the results. Guess it's just another stressful wait.

Mel xx

Hi Mel

i pray all goes good for u.