3.5years on, scan showing enlarged lymph node

Hi everyone

I am not on here much anymore but do check in from time to time. Quickly about me, diagnosed with 2B and lymph node back in April 2016, went into remission in January 2017. Had chemo, radiotherapy external and internal, lymph removal.

Two months ago I went to my oncologist because I had an unusual groin pain. She gave me a referral for a CT scan. About a week after I saw her, the pain subsided which is great. It has not returned since.

I still had the CT to just make sure, I wasn't even that worried about receiving my results for the CT scan, however I received my results yesterday. My oncologist said that there is an enlarged lymph node showing in the right pelvic region. Nothing else but just the node showing "abnormally enlarged".

She has now referred me for a PET scan which I will have early next week, then she said she will make an appointment for me to see her to go over the PET scan results. As soon as I hear the words PET scan, I start feeling anxious. I am now back at the waiting for results stage.

It will be 4 years in January 2021 since I was given the all clear. I really thought this was all behind me. I am a single mum to a beautiful girl. I am just hoping that it is something else.

I am not going to google, but just wanting to know if anyone can shed any similar experiences?

Thank you all

Love and healing 

xx

Ahw that sucks, so sorry you are in this position. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed. 

Thank you so much for replying Izzy. 

Really praying it is something else. Will update once I know.

xx

Did you get your pet already?

Hi Izzy

I had my PET a few days ago. I received a letter from my doctor yesterday (although she sent it last week when she told me to go for the PET scan, mail is a bit slow) and it is an appointment letter for the 26th. That seems so far away for results.

I think I might give myself the weekend off, but then should I call early next week and see if they can just tell me over the phone? What do you think? Should I just wait til the 26th or should I call?

I would give them a call, I'm sure they will understand.

Hi Izzy

Just thought I would let you know that I heard from my doctor today - she said the PET CT was all clear and that lymph node didn't have any cancer in it or anywhere else in the body. Thank goodness, I am feeling really blessed and relieved. 

Thank you for your support on here. It means a lot.

xx

1 Like

Oh babe I am so incredibly happy for you, go celebrate! Get some ice cream with your little one ❤❤❤

Thank you my darling. Definitely celebrated xx

Starlight that's great news. Good to know that not all lumps and bumps don't turn out to be cancer. Long may your good health continue.

x Maria