Low serum iron levels

hi there 

i have been NED since 2015 for recurrent cervical cancer , brief history ..... Diagnosed 1b1 Adenocarcinoma in 2013 had radical hysterectomy , then 2015 it returned to my ovary ( which they didnt take in hystectomy because of my age which was 40 at the time)

so I've just had some routine bloods done and by Serum iron level is low at 13 , from dr Google this should be between 50 - 150 so need to see a doctor and no appointments today . So wait till next week.   Now as some of you can imagine my immediate thought is the worst and that the cancer is back is somewhere causing me to be anemic !! I've gone as far as thinking perhaps it's in my liver or stomache , I'm so impatient and want to see a doctor NOW  !! 

Any one else had low irons levels after treatment ? I'm really worried now .  I just needed to tell someone , I can't tell my family because they'll all start to worry to and I need positivity around me . 

Take care 

Greeni xx 

Hi Greeni

So so sorry that this is happening to you and totally understand how you must feel.

Unfortunately don't know of any cases the same but can offer support. I'm no expert but would have thought if it was back in your liver or stomach then there would be other symptoms too?

Keeping everything crossed for you, let us know how you get on.

Hugs

Cheryl, xx

Thank you so much for your reply , I'm off to the doctors in the morning so will keep you posted.

xx 

Just an undate , seen my GP this morning who didn't seem overly concerned  , and advised me to  have repeat blood test in a few months Time , so feel a little more reassured . I have however contacted my gynea oncologist for my next appointment As hasn't come through yet , should be August time.  I will talk this through with him as well. So panic over !! 

take care 

Greeni xx 

Hi Greeni

That's positive news - Im sure if he had thought it was anything to be concerned about then he would have been following it through.  You've done right contacting your gynae oncologist for your next appointment - mine is tomorrow - nobody likes going for the check ups but it's comforting when we have seen them and it gives us the reassurance that we need.

Hugs

Cheryl, xx

Hi Greeni!

Just wanted to jump up and down on the mattress and wave at you! :-) So happy to see that you are still posting in this forum! 

Hope it all goes well and that you get your iron levels up without needing those awful jabs in the butt :-)

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli