Lost and confused need help!

I don’t know what to do as I FINALLY HAVE MY OFFICIAL DIAGNOSIS. However I was sent through rapid access and was told everything was urgent and short wait. My official diagnosis not even talking about treatment has taken 3 MONTHS via rapid access and since I was first seen they’ve even acknowledged it’s grown since my colposcopy. Friday I was told after a physical and very painful staging scans and more biopsies that I have stage 2b abs it’s spreading. I was told last week 1a1 and 2nd November told as many have you read it was advanced cervical cancer. Rapid access and the constant words urgent imply that this will be sorted sooner rather than later? Sp why has just my diagnosis taken 3 months. Is this normal?
God am so confused
Love to all you ladies and thank-you to all who read and/or reply
You girls are a treasure xxxx

I can't answer this but sending you big hugs xxxx

Thanks Loulou how are you hun?

Hi H:

I'm no doctor, but as far as I know, CC doesn't go from 1a1 to 2b in a couple of months. CC is a slow mover, so it's more likely that the 1a1 crowd guessed and the 2b crowd now have the benefit of scans/tests so can be more exact.

There are a ton of women on here who are 2b and they'll probably jump on with their war stories and support. I think, and frankly I know nothing, but I think that treatment is usually chemo/rads. Have they given you a treatment plan yet? 

love t x

Hi Harlee :-)

I'm so sorry that the way you have been treated so far has left you angry, frustrated and confused (((((HUGS)))))
I suspect that Teresa has hit the nail on the head, there's no way it's going to spread as fast as that. Anyway, it seems that the good news is that you will most likely be treated with chemo rads instead of people cutting you about with knives and in my opinion, that's the easier option.

We're all here for you sweetheart, and it's going to be OK. Once you have got your treatment plan in place then it's probably the best time to kick up a sfuss about how you have been managed so far.

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

Hi 

I was told after my lletz that it was very early cancer and that I would need a top hat/cone but they wanted to send me for an MRI to make sure. MRI staged me at 2b. So you are not alone in conflicting opinions. In the end I'm am glad I didn't have to go through a major surgury especially because I had just had a c-section 6mths prior. i honestly fear dr making a mistake or leaving something in me or worse knicking something. The chemorad was not that bad. I would take bouts of the diarrhea any day over recovering from surgury. I hope you will start your treatment soon so you can move on with this whole process. I know that as soon as I started treatment I began to feel soooo much better because I was doing something to get better. Suddenly all my little aches seem to have stopped!!! sending you a big virtual hug sweetie!!

Hi girls thank-you for your replies and support.

The 1a1 was not a guess it was the results of my biopsy I had on the 2nd November. I contested and the Secretary said she's just reading from the email. But was told on the 2nd November I was stage 2.I think I was told someone else's results(which didn't help) I thank all of you and will let you know if and when I can get it sorted. Sick of doing the Dr's job and chasing after everyone. Is this how it always works or it it just me?

So much hugs and love being sent back

And was told on the 2nd of November and I would need chemotherapy and radiotherapy as is too big and inoperable that was when it was 4cm. Now it's 6-8cms. This is scaring me nothing is moving forward