Long wait for biopsy results

Hi guys, I’m looking for some advice - I have had smear tests every 6 months from the age of 23 due to HPV (now 27) after my last smear I was referred to the colposcopy clinic where the doctor advised there were abnormal cells on the neck of my womb so took some punch biopsies to check the severity.

I have now been waiting 9 weeks for results and any time I call the hospital for an update they tell me I just have to keep waiting. I’m getting really stressed now waiting so long, has anyone else experienced a ridiculously long wait or managed to find a way to speed them up? 

Tried calling my GP however he also told me just to wait for the letter :( 

Thanks Sam x

9 weeks is ridiculous!! I had my biopsy 2 days ago and was told they take up to 10 days for results!! If I were you, I would try and find the phone number for the lab in your hospital and phone them directly! Although hopefully with them not being in a rush to give them to you, it means good news! But I would definitely still keep phoning them, daily if you have to! Or book an appointment with your GP and if they ask why (my doctors do), make up a reason and when your there ask your GP to chase up the results in front of you!! Good luck!! Xx

Mine took 8 weeks to come back!