Lletz

Hey everyone,

I've messaged before about my upcoming lletz procedure coming up end of August!

No matter how many times I try and get it out of my mind I just can't stop thinking about it! Thinking will it hurt, how does the local anaesthetic feel like. Will the nurse actually do the local anaesthetic without adrenaline even when they've put it on my notes to not have adrenaline in! Hate that I have to wait this long. Do I call the clinic and ask if they have any cancellations and try and get it done sooner?

I just want this all to end ?

Of course you can ring to say you'd like to be seen if they have a cancellation. It doesn't hurt to call them.

I was terrified about mine but I promise you it is no more painful than the colposcopy. The injection is the worse bit and it's not that bad. You will find that you are a little shaky from the adrenaline but the key is to breathe and as much as I find small talk annoying at the best of times - engaging with the nurse who is talking with you really helps. Something I didn't know when I went for mine was the Lletz tool literally sounds like a Hoover - it's uncomfortable but you can't feel it if that makes sense. If you have any questions about it let me know. Mine was 14 days ago now. I've had quite a bit of discharge and started spotting again on day 10. Nothing too heavy though and mostly when I wipe (tmi)

I have been exhausted though much more than I thought I would be. Thankfully Term is over and I can relax without feeling too guilty.

Give them a call in the morning - they may be able to fit you in especially if someone has had to cancel due to being on their period.

best wishes

xx

You have a talk with the doctor before the procedure so you can flag with them again there that you don't want the adrenaline xx

Thank-you Hun. I will call them in the morning to see if I can get in sooner as it's driving me stir crazy now! Only thing if I can get in early I've booked a week off of work on that week so may be an issue as I want rest afterwards and don't want to rush back to work as work in retail so would be on my feet which I don't want to do straight afterwards! 
Will see what they say tomorrow and then will talk to my manager!

xx