LLETZ tomorrow so scared :(

Hi all im new to this site but I'm booked in for a LLETZ tomorrow after being diagnosed with CIN 3 and I am so scared. It has been booked for about 6 weeks now and I have put it to the back of my mind so not to worry about it and then today I've just been so anxious about it. I really don't know how I am going to cope with having the injection in my cervix for the Local. I have a massive needle phobia and hate anything clinical at all to be honest, it makes me so anxious and uptight when I have to be there for anything, and I know I probably sound like a absolute drama queen but the thought of what they are going to do while I'm awake brings tears to my eyes I hate it! When I had the colposcopy and biopsy I was tense and panicky and just a mess to be honest. Sorry I've ranted on but I was just wondering how everyone else got through it , thanks in advance x 

Hi,

You're not being a drama queen at all, it's understandable you feel the way you do. I'd suggest mentioning your anxiety and needle phobia when you have the consultant before the treatment. They should then be aware and will do their best to reassure you. We're all different, I was also anxious when I had LLETZ. I coped by holding the nurse's hand and focusing on my breathing. I also closing my eyes and took myself out that room in my room and imagined being on a beach. I found the shot of adrenaline worse than the local anathestic, but only because it made my heart beat really fast which was a weird feeling. The local was done pretty qucikly and was just a quick sting - maybe don't look at the needle? I didn't and found not seeing anything what was going on helped me cope with it all. But like I said, we're all different, and it probabaly helps some ladies to look. 

Wishing you all the best for today, take care x

Hi,

Just a quick message to say I hope you get on ok today. It's perfectly normal to feel panicky and anxious so don't beat yourself up about it.

Keep us posted.

Johanna

xxxxx

Hello Hope all goes well today. Just keep talking to the nurse, hold her hand and don't look at anything. I know you will be extremely nervous but the needle really didnt hurt, nothing like I imagined it would be. And it's all over so quickly. You WILL be fine. Let usa know how you get on Don x

Hope it all went well! I bet it wasn't nearly as bad as you had imagined. xx

Thanks ladies, I made it through the procedure hooray! i made a right fuss to begin with cos I knew the needle was coming... So she offered to have it done under a general but I thought no just get it over and done with I was halfway there anyways! Well I couldn't even feel the needle going in at all, and i have had no pain afterwards whatsoever I really don't know why I made such a fuss but then again I always do make a fuss when I know anything clinical is imminent lol I must say it was rather a pleasant surprise, after the colposcopy and the biopsy I thought the treatment must be worse but I found the treatment to be much less uncomfortable than the colposcopy and biopsy. Thanks again ladies for your comments xx 

Oh I am pleased!! It is all very well us all sitting at home after we have had the procedure to say its all fine but its a very different thing if you have not been there yourself. Now you have joined all of us who can sit here and say "it isn't that bad" to the next person who writes on here really nervous about having the treatment done. Well done matey, another step forward x Don