LLETZ treatment following biopsy results

Hi all,

I recently received the results from my biopsy showing CIN 3 and have an appointment for the lletz treatment in a month. Reading up on the treatment I see the tissue gets sent to a pathologist for examination. Does this mean it could still be cancer? 

Ive tried phoning the advice line I’ve been given but no one answers and they have not returned the voicemail. 

Im also nervous about the treatment if anyone has any experience with it. After my biopsy I had severe pain and couldn’t move for 12 hours (again I phoned the number I had been given to check what to do and if that was ok but no one picked up or returned the voicemail)

thank you so much for taking part in this forum. I have read a lot of the info on here throughout this time and it gives me the opportunity to ask questions when I can’t get hold of the hospital. Thank you. Sarah

Hi Sarah,

The biopsy tissue is a smaller sample compared to the LLETZ once i got my results from the LLETZ then I was advised that all the cells have been successfully removed with clear margins. I now have to wait 6 months for another smear to check that my infection of hpv isn't still causing problems. 

I hope this helps with some of your questions.

Hugs x

I’m 21 and 2 weeks ago I have LEETZ for CIN3 cells that were found when I was 20 years old after I nagged and nagged the gp for an early smear. I was rushed within 4 weeks of finding out the news for treatment and ever since I’ve been suffering with panic attacks and my hair falling out. Im 21 and it’s scary enough going through this now my hair is balding and I’m not sure what to do or if this is even normal

Tam x