lletz results and symptoms after lletz

Hi,
This is my first post here. I had a smear two years ago which was HPV positive but no changes. I was adviced to have another after 12 months but I found out I was pregnant just before. My doctor still wanted me to go ahead but my midwife advised against it so I waited. I had a smear as soon as my baby was 12 weeks and was still HPV positive and had high grade (severe) dyskaryosis. I had a colposcopy on Friday and she confimred high grade and did the procedure straight away. She told me she couldn’t see any cancer but has sent a biopsy away. Does this mean the chances are slim of finding anything else? I know I should have asked at the time but I wasn’t really processing anything. Secondly I have got little bits of black and pink on my sanitary towel? Is this normal?
My baby is now 5 months and I still haven’t had a period and am constantly really hot and sweaty- could this be a symptom of something else? I am due some blood tests so will hopefully get to the bottom of that soon.

Sorry to ask so many questions! Emma

Hi Emsyb
I am in the same situation,I have had HPV positive and normal smears for 2 years and this smear picked up borderline changes so I was sent for a colcoscopy during which they found CGIN so booked me in for a lletz last Thursday. They didn’t say they saw anything alarming at the time but I asked the same question on here and it seems that the only way they can be sure of anything is by the biopsy results so it sounds like we have to wait for those :woman_facepalming:t2:,I too have had an awful discharge today so booked in for the GP tomorrow :pray:

Please let me know how you get on. I have started bleeding today as well as the discharge and black bits and have cramping pains. I had a telephone appointment with my doctor and she said it’s all normal after a loop excision and said to watch and wait. I feel reassured, just want my biopsy results back now too! X