LLETZ Loop - 4 weeks still stomach pain

Hello!

I had a loop excision 4 weeks ago and even though they said it was small and removed my stage 1b1 cancer (they didnt know it was that until after this) But the bleeding stopped last week and im still getting “Period type” pains and still have a slightly swollen stomach. I know the full recovery can be up to 6 weeks but im just wondering if this is normal?

Many thanks in advance! I wish you all a healthy future!
Vicky :slight_smile: xxx

July: Smear showed abnormal cells (very first time)
Aug: Colonoscopy with Biopsy
Sept: LLETZ treatment (was told a small area at the start of cervix)
Oct 6th: Was told i had stage 1b1 and will need further treatment
Oct 19th: MRI, Chest scan and Bloods come back clear and doc said Cancer was removed but can have a Cone with lymph nodes removed, Trial, or Radical. Cone suggested, but had a week to decide
Oct 26: Chose Cone, doctor thinks it should be enough, booked in for 24th November.

Hi Vicky! 

Hope you're ok hun. Don't worry, sounds normal to me as I was similar. I know your cone is coming up, hope that goes well too. Personally I found the cone easier physically than the lletz but tougher emotionally. I think we are so much more aware of every twinge and pain too, I found a small ulcer in my mouth at the weekend and convinced myself that it was mouth cancer but it's gone now lol. I also had a text today to say I have a telephone consultation with my GP tomorrow, first I've heard of it! Rang them, receptionist said system doesn't say why he will be phoning me so got myself in a tizz! Had no reason to worry really considering consultant happy with everything. Now I've calmed down it's probably just a courtesy/procedural call to check that I'm ok now treatment has finished and got all clear etc. Our minds can go into overdrive like nobody's business! Best of luck for the 24th, I'll be thinking of you xx Sara xx

Hi Sara,

Im good thanks hun, and hope you are! Thanks very much, i feel slightly relieved that it seems to be normal! Haha i would be the same, any pain etc now i get worked up......altho i was kinda  like that before anyway lol. Im so glad you were reassured and everything seems to be going well for you and i hope it continues which im sure it will :) You sound like you are being very brave and hopefully this will be the end of your problems. Thanks very much, im glad ive finally got a date! Take care and i will be thinking of you also. Vicky xxx

Hi Vicky,

I had the same or very similar procedure 6 weeks ago and I am still getting twinges not sure if they are psychological or now period pains. I also was staged at 1b1 but my margins weren't clear so I am booked in for surgery on the 25/11. Great news that you don't need to go through that you must be so relieved. I keep telling myself hopefully this is my last period! Can't decide if it will be ok to use tampons - that pad phase was awful! 

Good luck :)