Lletz fear

Hi all,

I'm very new to all this and I have no support in real life, so I'm really hoping someone here will understand how I'm feeling and will be able to answer my daft questions.

I had an abnormal smear about 3 months ago.  I then had a colposcopy done, where they intimated that the cell changes were worse than the smear suggested.  They took two biopsies and treated my cervix with something that turned it black and hurt, and sent me on my way.

I found the process very painful.

I have a lletz booked on Friday. And I'm quite scared.

Everyone here seems to know the ''grade" of cell changes and what that means.  I haven't been given any of that information. 

I feel very odd.  Part of me thinks that this is no big deal.  It's not cancer, so once they've done this I'll be fine.  But there is a small part of me that is thinking 'what if'.

I don't know if I've got the right to feel worried like that.  Am I worrying for nothing?  Am I bigging this up in my head? 

I'm planning to work on Friday morning.  Will I be ok to drive afterwards?  I don't have a partner anymore (we split up just before I had the biopsies done - nothing to do with this)

Any advice from someone who has been through this would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

X

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing all of this. While I'm also not very clued up on the grade meanings and such, I just wanted to reply and let you know that you aren't alone. I am currently sat waiting to leave the house for my lletz treatment and am feeling pretty much the same as you have described. My employer has given me the day off work for it so maybe it is worth confiding in your boss and asking for the rest of the day off. Not only is it uncomfortable on your body but on you emotionally too. 

I hope your procedure goes smoothly and pain free. All the best 

Hiya, i was exactly the same back in January, a nervous wreck! I actually found the lletz a painless experience! I think the thought of it was more scarier then the actual procedure itself i know everyone is different though. My Lletz showed CIN 3 (high grade cell changes) i never had this confirmed until they looked at the tissue from the cervix they removed at the lletz, i couldn’t have biopsys prior because i was pregnant, all i can say is relax i know its easier said then done, try not to worry to much about the procedure as its pretty quick! X