Lletz and tiredness

Hi all.
I’m off for my lletz Friday but I have some concerns about afterwards, mainly with regards to bleeding and what I will be able tonphysically manage to do.
I work in a school and have limited access to a toilet. The head has been amazing and is organising me somewhere to keep spare clothes, pads etc in case I need and so I can be discreet.
I also have a part time job on a building site which is really full on and physical. I am currently in dispute with the site manager who is against me being there in case I physically over do things. To put it in context I am 100% hands on in all aspects including concreting, plastering and general laboring.
My question you all of you amazing people is should I plan to stay away from site for the time being? The nurse at my consultation said to listen to my body and I have read that I may experience some tiredness after. Does anyone have experience of this?
Many thanks for reading. All advice gratefully received.

Hi, I hope all goes well for you lletz treatment. I hade mine done 1 week ago and I have been exhausted! I have literally slept most of the day and night until today which is the first day I’ve managed to stay awake. I have also had a water infection which I think has contributed to the exhaustion but I think everyone is different and some recover much sooner than others. I’d personally take a couple of days off then see how you feel.
Sending well wishes x

Thank younfor sharing your experience. As my appointment is on Friday I will have the weekend to recover but am now thinking of having a couple of days off I’m the week or at least giving my head teacher warning. Generally I work at least an 11-12 hour day and it’s pretty full on. I feel wiped out after my colposcopy but I think that’s due to the excessive amount of worrying that most of us seem to do.
Glad to hear that you are feeling a little better after your treatment :blush:

I work in a school too. I had my lletz nearly 2 years ago and my recovery was pretty much how it was described in the leaflets. I had the day off after my treatment (it was my day off anyway!) and then went back the final 2 days of that week. I was very tired but did not have a problem with pain or managing discharge/bleeding. This was about the same for me as a normal period but just went on a bit longer. As for the building site, I would take a couple of weeks off as heavy lifting etc can increase the bleeding and slow down healing (all that movement rubbing on things etc) and only go back to that when the bleeding is starting to ease up or you are feeling better. Hope this helps and hope things are all as straightforward for you as they were for me.
J

2 Likes