Lletz all done

Hi All

I know everyone is different but I got a lot of comfort and reassurance from reading people's experiences on here so wanted to share my own

on Friday I had a lletz procedure for CIN 3 cells located after a colposcopy. I was pretty scared even though reading stories on here had calmed me down somewhat.

I went into the room where there was a consultant and 2 nurses. The consultant explained the procedure itself would take around 5 minutes. I asked if they could explain all the aftercare first so I could leave as soon as it was done, which they agreed. They were bloody lovely.

So, I whipped my clothes off and hopped up onto the chair. The nurse inserted the speculum and then asked me if I wanted to watch what they were doing on the camera. I did not want to watch. She sprayed some fluid up there and explained that would highlight the dodgy cells. She saw the cells and said they did need removing and said she was going to give me a local anaesthetic. That was the bit I was most scared of. The nurse chatting to me said there is adrenaline in the injection which might make my heart race and make me feel a bit shakey. To be honest my heart was already racing so if it did have an effect on me, I didn't notice it. Anyway, I was aware of the first injection but not in a painful way at all. I reckon my COVID jab hurt more! Then after that, felt absolutely nothing whatsoever.  I don't know how many injections I was given as genuinely could not feel a thing. Then, it was done! The cells were removed completely unbeknown to me as again, I couldn't feel anything. I couldn't believe it when the nurse said it was all done. I had worked myself up into a right old state worrying about this and for me, it was less painful than a smear test. I lay there for about 2 minutes afterwards then I was free to get dressed and go. 
I had very mild period pains for about 2 hours after, nothing a bottle of red wine didn't sort out, and so far that's it. 
I hope my experience might help someone that is nervous about the procedure the same way others on here helped me

Laura x

3 Likes

Amazing. Thanks for sharing your experience. I hope your recovery goes smoothly. 

Thank you for that 

Got mine tomorrow.

xx

1 Like

Omg this has helped me so much I have mine on Monday and am terrified that the injections will hurt me

2 Likes

How did yours go? X

Hi other Rebecca x

I had gas and air for mine and I found that helped a lot.
My recovery wasn’t too good as I had tons of watery discharge (I mean a tena pad an hour). I think that is unusual but wasn’t anything to be concerned about as the healing was fine-was healed by 4 and half weeks, as I went into hospital to check as was finding it difficult to work.

I’m on nearly six weeks now. My results were low grade so I’m lucky really. Just had sex. Was fine but bled a little.

1 Like