lletz next Monday scared

HI after receiving cin 3 results last week booked in for lletz next Monday. So scared about the procedure. Struggled with the colposcopy and biopsy. Does lletz hurt? Just want it over and done with x

No didn't hurt me the injection is uncomfortable but after that it's fine. I think I struggled more with biopsies as obviously they don't numb the area first. 

The whole thing isn't a pleasant experience is it big hugs. However better to dealt with hey xxx

Thanks for your reply. That's what I thought as on the biopsy they said they were numbing it yet still felt it. So was worried you would feel this. Yes I completely agree just want it over with x

Best of luck and let us know how you get on xx

Hi Amanda, 

Sorry you had a tricky time with the initial colposcopy and biopsy! I personally didn't and had LLETZ last Wednesday. I was expecting the anaesthetic to be really painful, but even that didn't really feel much beyond a scratch. The procedure itself took maybe 5 to 10 minutes - very quick and wasn't at all painful, just a weird sensation of tugging. I found the punch biopsies more uncomfortable. Afterwards they made me sit in the waiting room for 15 minutes even though I felt fine and gave me a massive mug of the hottest tea in the world! So far I've had one extremely horrible cramp (went a bit faint) when the anaesthetic wore off and a bit of a sore back, general low-level period type pain, but that's it. No bleeding so far, just a bit of yellow discharge, which I hear is to be expected, and I've pretty much carried on as normal e.g. not exercising as such but still walking everywhere and playing with my kittens. 

I guess we are all different but for me it was not a bad experience at all. I hope yours goes smoothly! 

Emma x

Thanks Sarah will do. Thanks also emma glad you didn't find the whole process to harrowing. Hope we all get the results we want. Take care both xx