Leep success, plus HPV clear!

Hi everyone, I thought I’d post some good news to remedy a lot of the worried posts that dominate our forum (for good reason!).

I got a test result of ASCUS, which turned put to be CIN 2/3, after I had a colposcopy. Colposcopy wasnt fun, definitely the most painful part of this ordeal. Then, I got a LEEP, which I was dealthy nervous about and that’s what brought me to this forum. It seems so invasive and old fashione. I wa so nervous the day of, I called in sick as I didn’t think I could go to work afterwards. They offered to have my boyfriend in the procedure room to hold my hand which was a huge help. Well, the lead up to the procedure was the worst part by far. The thing itself just felt like a curious hotness that wasnt painful. It was fine! I had taken some xanax before and it kicked in at some point and everything was cool. 

Afterwards we ate at a favorite brunch spot and I thought about going to work. I felt a little silly about worrying so much but I am a big worryer so it happens. She also said the margins weren’t clear so that made me worry more. However, she’s a super experienced doc and did some extra cauterization with a little ball to take care of the margins. 

So the next 3 months before my follow up pap, I took it extra easy, lots of yoga, took lots of vitamins etc. 

I had my pap on monday and today (Wednesday), my doctor called me and said I am HPV clear and the pap was clear too!! I couldn’t believe it. The main surprise was that HPV is clear, which I guess I spent 6 years fighting.

Anyway I thought a good story would be nice for anyone who was ultra worried and a wreck like me during this process.

So pleased for you, congratualtions. You are right that we all sometimes forget to come back and tell the positive story. I've been really worried about getting rid of my HPV (which I'm convisced i have had for ages) so i'm really glad you've shared this response. I'm stocking up of vitamins too!