Leep and Cone for Cin3

hi ladies,

I’ve just been through a tremendous ordeal and wanted to post here with my experience in case it could be of help to anyone as this site helped me greatly while I was going through my recent journey.

I had an abnormal pap come back as Cin 1,2,3 and CIS( carcinoma in situ). I went back for a colposcopy and two punch biopsies. Got a call 10 days later that biopsies were Cin3 and that I would need a leep procedure. My gyn called me 10 days after the leep and said I had cin3 with positive ectocervical margins, which she was not concerned about, but the biopsy also showed a focal area “suspicious” for microinvasion. Cue a total meltdown on my part.  Then a lot of bad bleeding happpened a few days later (about two weeks after leep). I had to go in to be recautarized, but gyn said it was most likely period?

Was then transfered to a gyn onc who reccomended a cone biopsy to get more info. I asked about a hysterectomy, but he said the cone was a necessary step to get the proper info to move forward. He also didn’t want to do something more than necessary since I’m only in 30’s.

I called for cone results two weeks later and was told to come into the office for results so was assuming the worst, but have just been told the cone only came back showing mild dyslpalsia (cin1) and was completely excised with clean margins. No sign of cancer at all and I apparently never had it although I’ve had all the symptoms under the sun and more especially since initial bad pap.

I have two young kids and I’m just so grateful for the news I have been given. My mind was really and truly putting me through the ringer. Just wanted to write in case anyone is going through something similar and wanted to offer support to ladies on this board.

I’m so thankful this website exists. 

1 Like