CIN-3 LEEP was not successful

Hi everyone,

Really nice to have a place like this to write something. I had a LEEP procedure in Nov and went for a pap Monday hoping it would come back normal. It did not and abnormal cells are still present. I was reccomended to see gyno oncologist for treatment and further info. This has left me very scared, worried and frustrated. I did not get much answers and was wondering how long does it take before cancer? before my LEEP I was CIN2 and after the cells were actually CIN3. This to me seems like it can happen pretty fast. I am 26 years old now worried about my chances of becoming pregnant, etc. If anyone has any info or suuport I would appreciate it.

Hi Ash_Dana_10,

I'm new to this site and never written on forums before but looking for answers. 

Sorry to hear that your smear test has now come back as CIN3. I can't actually help with any information on the speed of it developing through the stages of CIN as I'm trying to look for some answers myself. 

I've had the LLETZ procedure done 2 weeks ago and am also 26 years old. I'm worried of getting the results from this and them saying that I still have CIN3 or for this to happen in my next smear (6 months). 

What have they suggested to you is your next steps from here? Do you have to have the LEEP procedure done again to get rid of them?

I know exactly how you feel... keep trying to stay positive and think 'at least they have caught it before it becomes cancer'... which I do feel but still get worried about hearing back about my results as I feel like there is a lot that doesn't seem right down there. I had genital ulcers a few months ago which the doctors have said isn't caused by the strain of HPV that I have but I'm just unfortunate to have experienced them too. I get pain during sex which I've always put down to my cervical position because our cervix position changes throughout our cycle and if its lower when you have sex, can cause pain (because it's closer to the vagina)... But now I'm worried that this has something to do with having CIN3 or if it could be worse than this. 

I am just trying to boost my immune system at the moment by eating really healthy and making sure that I'm getting all of the nutrients i need to stay healthy as well as taking some supplements to help boost my immune system. Fingers crossed this will help my body to fight off the HPV virus! And fight any bad cells in there!! :) 

I hope you've found some support, and would love to continue chatting about this with you... it would be nice to speak to someone who is going through a similar thing to me. Friends, partner and family are amazing and really supportive but don't know what it's like as they've not been through it. 

:)