CIN3---- now what to do?

I apologize a head of time if my post offends anyone. I am new to this and to the form. It is not my intention to belittle anyone or make offending comments. I am just scared and worried. I am 36 never and never had an abnormal anything. Started getting PAPs when I was 16. Was put on BC. Stayed on that for years. Then in 2009 switched to an IUD. In 2015 had it removed and got pregnant June of 2016 and miscarried in August of 2016. In November 2016 had my first abnormal pap, second in December also abnormal. January colonoscopy done and biopsy. Results came in yesterday. CIN3. Have an appointment for my consultation and they are expecting to perform a leep procured. I am trying hard to not think about what came first the CIN3 or the miscarriage. Which caused what, etc. I have done way more research than I care to have done. I am basically stuck with the answer of "these things happen" since nothing on how one contracts HPV meets anything I have done or been party to. And I can't find a clear cut answer is CIN3 is truly even related to HPV in all regards. (as my husband says they can clone a sheep but can't figure out abnormal cells/HPV?) My questions to you all is two fold. 1) What should I be thinking about asking my dr? what crazy path of questions should I just steer myself away from? 2) Is it even worth starting with the LEEP or should I just start planning and thinking about a hysterectomy? I personally have never had a desire to have anything grow in me (which is why we waited so long to try), let alone cancer. I do not need to have a baby grow in me to have a family. So which way would get me health the fastest? I know responses will only be opinions that's all I'm looking for. Advice and opinions. However, if you have researched backed info cool beans. I'll take anything you all can send me. Thanks for listening (reading?) this.

Hi there ajit :-)

I am sorry about your miscarriage.

OK, so far you have only CIN3 and not a cervical cancer diagnosis, so technically this should be in the Colposcopy section of the forum, but that's not so very important. Quite often a LEEP (LLETZ) will make your body's own immune system fight back and cure you of CIN3 and there is no need for any further treatment. Some women with very early stage cervical cancer are also completely cured with a LLETZ so absolutely no need for you to start thinking about a hysterectomy just yet awhile. It's a big, serious, invasive, life-changing operation. It is not a walk in the park and not to be considered lightly.

I do not believe for a single second that there is any causal relationship between the CIN3 and the miscarriage, either way around. However, I think that there may very well be a causal relationship one way or the other between your miscarriage and your lack of desire to ever have anything grow inside you. I believe it may be the case that there is a physical reason that you are unable to carry a baby to term and that somehow, your subconscious knows this and is helping you to avoid the issue. Bodies are amazing and stranger things have happened.

Don't waste your time or energy thinking about HPV. It achieves nothing.

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli