Help me understand!

Hi ladies!

I had an abnormal pap, followed by a colposcopy that determined I am Cin 3 high grade. I am scheduled for a LEEP procedure next week. I have been having bleeding and pain after and during sex, some random spotting, changes in menstral cycle, and lower back pain. I tested positive for one of the cancer causing HPV's (forget which) and have been sexually active since I was 16 (I am 28 now).

If I am cin 3 high grade, does that mean I for sure don't have cancer? Or do I have to wait for a leep to find that out for sure?

I actually went in preemtively for my pap because of the symptoms I was having. I am freaking out a little! 

Any advice or questions I should ask my doctor are greatly appreciated. 

No it doesn't mean you have cancer. It means you have a lot of the pre cancerous cells. 

I know it doesn't mean I have cancer, I am just wondering if it means it is possible once they do the leep they can still find cancerous cells, or is being diagnosed cin 3 high grade ruling out cancer completely and would it still explain my symptoms?

Kenzietea

I'm right there with you! Had colp 2 weeks ago after pap came back HSIL. Colp results showed some CIN 3 and Carcinoma in Situ. Because of my history my doc opted for cone biopsy.. still waiting to be scheduled for it. I'm a little nervous that my cone biopsy might come back showing something worse (my last pap 4 years ago was HSIL, never really got colp results/treatment because I was pregnant.. No pap inbetween 4 years ago and now), too. I've tried researching the chances of it but can't really find anything.. Curious to hear someone else's thoughts!

I feel like my doctors really haven’t explained what anything means, just sent me informational videos about the procedures, and it’s been very frustrating! I’m mostly concerned because of my symptoms. 

Hey, I went in for lletz because my punch biopsy showed CIN 3

When this was removed with lletz I had a spot of cancer 1a1

Had a cone biospy to remove remaining cells

Got the all clear this week.

I honestly thought just CIN 3 nothing to worry about.... until they do the loop and the sample is taken to be analyzed under a microscope they cant be accurate. 

Im sorry I dont want to panic you just wanted to give the truth

Good luck and remember every case is different and you may indeed just have CIN xx