Late period and last one light

Hi lovelies,

First off, I've taken a test and I'm very confident I'm not pregnant. But, I'm 5 days late for my period now and it's driving me nuts because I'm starting to wonder if it is because of something sinister going on (welcome back health anxiety! you've not been away very long, have you...)

My last period was also much lighter than I normally have, and it lasted 8 days. However, for 6 of the 8 days it was pretty much just spotting/bloody discharge. After this I had my colposcopy on 21st July. I had some punch biopsies taken at that, and they had trouble stopping me bleed. Could this be affecting me? Maybe I was a bit anemic after that so I haven't had period yet? I have had what I considered to be ovulation pains, but then nothing except generally feel bloatted and uncomfortable.

I have a little voice in the back of my head saying that it's something bad. I also feel ridiculously tired. And fed up!

xx

My periods have been completely out of whack ever since my colposcopy & biopsy, & I have been reassured that it is probably due to the stress I've been under.  I completely skipped a period, then had what I (thought) was a period very similar to the one you mentioned before my LLETZ, but it didn't last as long & I really wasn't sure what to make of it.  A couple of weeks later I had my LLETZ, knowing my lesion was gone made my stress levels drop radically & my (by that point very late period) came the next day.  The whole process is so stressful it is quite likely stress related, but any time that you have concerns I recommend contacting your GP to be safe & get some peace of mind - take good care of yourself & try to spend as much time as you can doing things that make you feel happy & relaxed.  All the best *hug*.

Thank you for your reply, and for the hug :-)

I am battling long term anxiety and depression at the mo, and constantly feel tense so hopefully it is just that. There seems to be a bit of bloody discharge tonight that might be the start of my period. Had some very uncomfortable pains earlier, sort of sharp ones but felt like it was coming from my vagina, which is a new one :-/ Stupid lady parts. Lol. xx