Last Day of Treatment

Tomorrow is my last day of treatment for Stage 3c!

I’m excited and terrified and tbh struggling more with depression now than I was when this all started. And just… so looking forward to not being tired all the damn time.

Just wanted to check in and see how people marked or plan to mark or celebrate their last day, and how others are coping with finishing treatment. It’s such a strange headspace to be in when everyone I know wants me to be so excited about it and I’m just feeling all kinda things. :heart:

• Lindsey
3 Likes

Sending love

2 Likes

Hi Lindsey
I to finished my treatment 2 days ago i didn’t do anything to celebrate as i think until i get the news that the treatment has worked I’m still fighting this thing (but that’s just me)
I also feel strange not going to the hospital every day and not seeing anyone and wondering if any symptoms are ok or should I worry about them. It is abit like being in limbo you should be excited but you still feel like :poop:
Hopefully we will both feel better soon sending all the best :heart:

1 Like

Hiya
First of all,well done u👏 Yes celebrate this milestone. I was just happy to finish,relieved and strange as it sounds,having nothing to do because all ur time is taken up with treatment. Just spoil urself rotten and work on ur recovery from this stage,take ur time and don’t over do it,onwards and upwards.
Again well done u
Xxxx
Again w

2 Likes

Hey guys did you all have brachytherapy’s too? What was your wait inbetween them and after chemo/rads had finished xx

1 Like

Hi coco17
I had brachy,had a week in between,but first time didn’t go 2 plan. Second atempt a week after 1st. Which went to plan

1 Like

Thanks, it’s good to know I’m not crazy here, and I appreciate it all. Just about to head into my last brachy (treatment was 6 weeks in total, first five weeks with chemo, last two weeks with brachy twice a week, with overlap in that middle week which…wasn’t fun.

I found brachy super hard both mentally and physically and heck yes, I’m glad to be done that part. So I guess I do have stuff to celebrate. Now to decide, do I ring that damn bell today?

1 Like

My brachytherapy’s are next week
Finished Chemoradiation this week, I guess every case etc I’d different
I’m a 2b
Xx

2 Likes

I had brachatherapy the Monday after finishing radiotherapy on the Friday and had 3 sessions in a week the worst part was keeping the rods in overnight I’m not going to lie it was tough but the nurses were fantastic and i got through it

1 Like

Hi @Coco17 my bracky next week too, definitely not looking forward to it at all, anxiety levels through roof… Im also 2b x

I’ve not been able to have mine so more radio sessions for me
@Lesley1 just think of the end results and how amazing your going to feel when you get the all clear! Xx

Well done @Elroo , hope your feeling bit better, hope you ended up doing something to celebrate, we put our body’s through so much to fight this , physically, mentally and emotionally, we all deserve to treat ourselves x

1 Like

@Coco17 what happened? Think id rather radio than bracky tbh between my anxiety and my insides have been sore for over ten yrs no idea why, so bracky for me is my idea of hell, but if it has to be done then so be it x

I have fibroids and also some other issues with my bladder following a pelvic fracture.

How are feeling other than stressed with the thought of the brachy xx

Sorry to hear that @Coco17 hope your doing ok, apart from bracky, im feeling more tired than usual , got sciatica too, well feels like that which is extremely painful and getting worse by the day. X

Yep my back hasn’t been good. I have managed to work through most of it but I went off sick over Christmas because of my back and tiredness - I’m a nurse so can’t sit down much. I’m back now on lighter duties and reduced hours for the foreseeable x

It certainly takes its toll on you, glad to hear your back at work,and on lighter duties. You’ve went back pretty quick. Im not ready to go back to work yet, i seem be better with my back if im lying flat, sitting and standing is torture right now along with the tiredness. Good luck x

Same to you let me know how you get on xxxx

@Coco17 will do, pre assessment for bracky today :see_no_evil: just on way there now x

1 Like

Hi Coco17 and @Lesley1.

I have finished chemo and waiting to start chemo radiation soon. I have been getting pain in my back a lot recently. I see you both do too. Are the sore backs from treatment?
I had thought i had just a normal sore back but now i’ve seen that you both have a sore back too i am now questioning mine.

Also, did you have any side effects from radiation?
Hope you both are doing well! xx