Ladies with borderline glandular / cgin on smear.

Hi ladies,

I just wanted to ask when yous were referred for colposcopy after a glandular diagnosis on your smear was the problem area seen with colposcopy? I got my smear back which was “a typical glandular cells” and was referred for colposcopy 2 weeks ago. on my notes it had “borderline” and “possible fungal infection” during the colposcopy he said to the nurse that he doesn’t believe it’s a cancerous area. Im obviously still concerned though and don’t understand how glandular cells can be seen on the surface of the cervix when theyre supposed to be further up? any info much appreciated ladies. Thanks so much!!

anyone? Frown

Hi Elaine, 

I am sorry to hear you are going through this, this must be really worrying time for you.

I know one of the ladies from the forum will be along soon to provide you with support but I just wanted to say that if you wanted to talk things through with somone, our helpline can provide a listening and supportive ear. It is open every week day and the number is 0808 802 8000.

Very best wishes

Fran 

Hi elaiink36

My glandular diagnosis was picked up on smear to, I had colonoscopy tues and biopsy taken she said she went up as far as she could and I have appointment with consultant in 2 weeks.