Ladies who have had chemorads - post treatment scans

Just checking in…

Counting down until the PET scan next Friday. Ive resigned myself to the fact that I’ll probably having surgery and Im ok with it. The anxiety hasn’t gone away but Im carrying on as normal.
I work in a school and we have about 3weeks left until summer break so Im accepting I might spend some of it having more investigations and/or surgery perhaps treatment.
Realising that this is going to be my life for a while.

How is everyone else?

Hi Shammy - next Friday? I do hope they give you the results quickly. We will all be thinking of you. I love PET scans because I know they are so efficient. I know, weird.

With my results it seems to be at least a month of waiting. This time for my check up it was blood tests for cancer antigens, and I had this on 1st May and have to wait for the results until the 21st June… where I get the benefit of an internal exam as well. The last time my bloods were abnormal, but subsequent scans are clear. There is a planned train strike on the 21st June in London and I have to travel in for my appointment - not very happy. I think I might invest in a taxi, especially as I’m really unwell at the moment - living on paracetamol. I have been having fatigue and now breathing difficulties. Managed to get to the GP surgery and a nurse had a listen to my chest and couldn’t hear anything but ordered a chest x-ray - which might be weeks away - and antibiotics. Still struggling and finished the course this morning. Either an infection, a virus, long COVID or something more sinister. I have no idea except that I feel ill as well (but no fever) so I suspect one of the above. Lots of pains down below as well but I’m pretty sure they are bowel related as even passing wind eases it. Isn’t life fun after cancer treatement! X

1 Like

Oh @Jacks133 that sounds awful! I bet long Covid - its becoming more and more common. Obviously I hope not and you just can’t shake some sort of infection. Im sure our immune systems are shot to pieces after all we’ve been through.

If I lived closer I’d drive you myself. The hospital I’m being treated in is an hour away by car so I drive. We do have trains to the city but they’re not as often and more hassle to be honest.

What is it with us and the slightest infection/virus and we feel it coming from our pelvic area!!!
I too get those horrific wind pains. I describe it as like a hard tennis sized ball shooting through the intestine and down the back passage! Most times I think im going to have an accident :poop::boom:

Im so glad I have my job to keep me sane at the moment. If im honest I’m dreading being off for Summer, I know my head will go into an even faster spin

And yes Friday 17th. I got the letter Monday. So pleased theyve been quick!

Well I’m currently in hospital! Not cancer related, thank goodness, and it just shows that aches and pains can be something else entirely. I’ve been having real breathing difficulties for 11 days - turns out I have 1) a pulmonary embolism - blood clot on the right lung - and 2) a pleural effusion - fluid between my lower ribs and outer tissues causing sharp stabbing pains and soreness. It will need to be drained, and I’ve been started on anticoagulants and hopefully will start feeling better soon. It sounds daft but so relieved it’s not lung cancer, although that would be ridiculously unlikely. We think it’s probably down to COVID, as I’ve always had thin blood. So there you are! Xxx

2 Likes

@Jacks133 - I am so sorry you are in the hospital and are going through this after all you have been through. Sending good thoughts and vibes your way.

1 Like

Oh my goodness @Jacks133 !

How awful- youre so like me though " as long
as its not cancer!"

I hope they get you back on your feet asap.

Hugs x

Hi Jacks,
Sorry to hear you’re in hospital hope they get you sorted out soon.
Its true we relate everything to cancer but like you say we are not immune to other illnesses/conditions.
You take care and let the fantastic NHS look after you xx

1 Like

I’ve now been told they have to remove and analyse some of the lung fluid to make sure it’s not cancer, which can be another reason for the pleural effusion. But more likely the PE and/or an infection… So that’s what II’m hoping for. X

4 Likes

Threyre doing a swift and thourogh investigation! Bless our NHS.
Please keep us in the loop. Xx

Hugs xx

1 Like

Get well soon, Jacks, we’re all wishing you nothing but the best.

1 Like

Hope they get to the bottom of whatever has caused it pretty soon jacks. Your always here to give all of us calming words of positivity so it’s our turn now to send you all our very best and wish you a speedy recovery x

2 Likes

Hi Jacks, so sorry you are having to go through this. You give so much always in this forum and don’t deserve this. Like Shammy says, at least they are being thorough and I will keep everything crossed for you xxx

1 Like

Hi Jacks! I wish you all the best. I hope they can quickly figured out what’s the cause. I’m quite sure it’s just long-covid or infection that can be solved with antibiotics and medications. Please keep us updated. You are in my prayer. Sending big hugs and love your way :white_heart:

1 Like

Thinking of you @Jacks133. :heart:

1 Like

Hopefully is not serious and you can recover quickly take care Jacks133

1 Like

Stay optimistic @Jacks133, sending good healing vibes and wishing you a speedy recovery.

1 Like

Thinking of you @Jacks133 Sending love and good thoughts your way x

1 Like

Sending healing thoughts your way :heart:

1 Like

Hi, sorry I’ve not been on here in a while, I had to stay off when I was waiting on my scan results as I was so anxious and since then everything has been a whirlwind. In a good way. At my follow up doc could only see scarring and seemed optimistic and later my mri has showed no cancer, so we are delighted but still feel like I’m scared to celebrate incase I jinx it :see_no_evil:. I’ve tried to catch up on this and sorry to hear your in hospital I hope they manage to get to the bottom of it soon. @Leahlouise I follow a page on Instagram under ur name lol is it u? Xx

2 Likes

@Steffi86 thats me!!! :slight_smile: wonderful news about your scans!!! Wohooo

@Jacks133 really sorry to hear your in hospital how are you getting on?

Sorry I’ve been off this thread I’ve been having major struggles with my bowel which are just utterly getting me down in the dumps! Xx

3 Likes