Ladies who have had chemorads - post treatment scans

Sending prayers and positive vibes your way Jacks! Please keep us posted.
@Leahlouise I’m sorry you’re suffering w radiation damage I hope they’re giving you proper meds to keep it handled
@Steffi86 im so happy for you! :heartpulse:

1 Like

Hi Kayla,

How’s your mom coping? Did she have her post treatment scans already? Sending much love. Xx

Thank you for your lovely thoughts, ladies. Well yesterday I had up to a litre of fluid drained from my chest cavity. This morning a very serious doctor came and said I probably had cancer again, and it had spread. This afternoon he came back and says there is a little possibility that I had pneumonia, which was treated by the amoxicillin I had, and pneumonia can cause large amounts of fluid. So I still don’t know, my ribs are sore from the extraction (they stick a tube in your back through the ribs) but I can cope with paracetamol, and I’ve gone from complete and utter dejection to A LITTLE bit hopeful. No wonder I’ve been having palpitations since the doctor called… Wishing all of you the very best of all possible worlds. :kissing_heart:

9 Likes

Thinking of you @Jacks133

Sending positive vibes and prayers you way @Jacks133 . Please keep us on the loop. Much love.xx

How are you feeling today Jacks? We’re all thinking of you. Xx Much love.

Oh Jacks, I do hope they are wrong you are in my thoughts xx

I was having chills and sweating overnight. The big boss man came to see me today. Because I’ve been going hot and cold and drenching the bed, and my breathing has got worse AND there are markers of inflammation in my blood, he thinks I’ve still got an infection in my lungs. They’re giving me two antibiotics. It could be viral, but they think it could be bacterial. Secondly, My CT scan showed inflammation in the lung (apart from the PE), and the scans from 6 months ago were perfect. In his opinion it is impossible for cancer to have come out of nowhere and developed this quickly. He says it’s VERY VERY unlikely that I have cancer. I said I’ve not been feeling well for months before it got bad (I thought I must have long COVID) and I’d just love to feel well again. He says he will make me better. :two_hearts:

13 Likes

Phew!!! That’s such brilliant news @Jacks133 Brightened up my day. Sounds like you’re in the best hands. Hope you start feeling better very soon x

2 Likes

Thank goodness, i know you are feeling awful but that news will have given you a boost and will make fighting this awful infection a lot easier.

They’ll get you fighting fit again.

Take it easy :two_hearts:

3 Likes

Hey that is good news from the doctor!! hopefully antibiotics will do the job .feel better soon

2 Likes

I’m so pleased to hear the news it’s very unlikely to be cancer again - what a relief. Hope they manage to get to the bottom of the cause very soon and you can start to feel well again.

2 Likes

@Jacks133 I’m praying for you and hoping it’s not cancer again! You’ve come so far and you’re so strong. Hang in there & keep us all posted on the results!

2 Likes

Good luck tomorrow will be thinking about you xx

2 Likes

Sounds like you have been through a lot over the last couple of days. Very positive from todays doctor saying unlikely to be cancer, praying he is right x thinking of you x x

1 Like

@Shammy716

Thinking of you tomorrow for your scan, lovely Shammy. Xx

1 Like

Thank you everyone and @Jacks133 Im so very pleased that things are on the up for you!!! It was a huge relief for me to read todays news. :heart:

2 Likes

Oh Jacks that is such good news, what a relief. Been thinking of you xxx

1 Like

Good luck for tomorrow Shammy! xxx

2 Likes

Hello everyone. Firstly let me say that I have been a member for a while and have posted once I think. But I’m on most days for help and inspiration and these ladies have helped me so much without even knowing. I’d like to tell my story (its a bit long but persevere if you can!). One thing I noticed was when things are really f**cked up and everything seems hopeless, there just isn’t enough positive stories. I hope mine is one and it can at least give some peace to people.
I was diagnosed August 2020. Stage 2b Grade 3. I was late with my smear and had usual bleeding after sex and a terrible discharge. My diagnosis was a terrible shock. Did 5 weeks chemo rads. Terrible scarring, no chance of sex, kidney stents, stomach problems, bladder the lot. 3 month scan was positive but an area of concern was showing in a different part. Scan at 6 months was clear. Finally I could relax. At 9 months I had just a physical exam and was happy the consultant could get in there lol! All looked good. I then had a kidney scan and was told that due to scar tissue my left kidney was not functioning and may need it removing. A minor set back but no cancer so yay! Finally I had my one year pet ct and Mri scan on 20th December 2021. In January I got the worst news possible. My cancer was back in the para aortic node with a cluster of others. I was devastated and my worst fear had come true. As I did not have lymph node involvement previously I was able to have further chemo rads so I did another 5 weeks and had my abdomen zapped. I have other issues from previous treatment and menopause so have been living in terror. Treatment ended on 21st March. Prognosis of successful treatment for my recurrence is not good and I scoured everywhere but mostly this site for positive stories of which there are a few.
I’m finally at my point…today at 4.30 my oncologist told me I had a complete response to treatment and am cancer free. Scans down to yearly with physical exams in between. I dont know what the future holds and I know I am high risk for a further recurrence but my oncologist is confident and I am cautiously optimistic but if it does return I will deal with it but for now I will bask in the relief of a clear pet scan and breathe again for a while at least. I hope this can bring some comfort to anyone going through the same. Its so hard, stressful and sad but today is the first day of the rest of my life. And I’ve finally plucked up the courage to tell you all my story!

18 Likes