Just wondering if someone could private message me. I feel so alone

Hi all,

I have posted in here a few times now after being told i have hpv and low grade dykarosis. My colospocy appointment is in just over a weeks time. I’m very anxious as i feel like i have symptoms of cc. When i had my smear, i was also tested for sti’s which came back positive for chlamydia, i have just finished taking my antibiotics but I’m experiencing alot of discharge, pelvic and back pain. I’m just wondering if someone has been in a similar situation could private message me, i feel so alone.

Hey, my situation is a bit different from yours, but happy for you to PM me if you want to chat x

Same here feel free to message

Hi there,

I’m sorry to hear you’re going through all this. If they are doing tests they will get to the bottom of it, but it sounds to me more like an infection than CC - cancer does not give people symptoms of pelvic and back pain, although some other cancers can. There’s a strong chance you do not have cancer, but you definitely have a problem and this needs to be sorted. X

1 Like

I’m sorry you are feeling so badly. I understand your worry and fear, most of us here have felt that to some extent for one reason or another.

For what it’s worth, I had some worrying symptoms pop up in between my abnormal
Pap smear and the colposcopy and was so worried it was cancer symptoms. Pelvic pain, lower back pain, etc. I ended up having a pretty bad UTI that I was given antibiotics for and it pushed my colposcopy back by a week. But I was relieved to hear it was just an infection rather than what my anxious mind was thinking.

I hope you start to feel better soon. There are so many amazing women here with great advice and support, it’s helped me tremendously!

1 Like

Hi Jacks, i’ve been suffering from pelvic pain for the past few weeks which is getting worse. Haven’t started my treatment yet. I assumed it was the cancer. What makes you say cancer doesn’t cause pain? Should I be getting this checked out? Worried now! X

Hi Joix,

I was told by my gynaecologist that cancer of the cervix does not cause pain in the back or pelvis, but there can be pain if it has spread into other areas. Mine had spread into the lymph nodes and I had no idea other than I was getting a very bloated stomach, which may or may not have been related. STDs can cause pelvic pain (like chlamydia) because they can cause pelvic inflammatory disease, for example. I was specifically thinking of Lbawden’s worries that they my have cancer because of the pain they are experiencing, although they have not been diagnosed with cc at this time. The pain they are experiencing could well be due to the infection and their health professionals will investigate this. Hopefully they will not have cc on top of everything else - I just wanted to reassure that the symptoms don’t mean they must have cc.

In your situation it sounds like you’ve been diagnosed with cc and I’m guessing you’re having tests to establish the limits of the cc and whether it has become invasive? I do hope not. I was very relieved that, even though I was Stage 3, it was not in my bladder, bowel or kidneys. If you’re worried please talk to your health professional because they will be able to give you the best information about your case. When you’re told you have cancer it’s natural to think every ache and pain is the cancer, but it’s not necessarily connected. I finished my treatment in February and a few weeks ago I got pains in my pelvic/back area when walking and I thought, “oh no, I’ve got a fractured pelvis from ‘late effects’ of the radiation.” I did a bit of googling and found this generally never occurs less than 20 months after treatment, then I went to see a nurse practitioner. She established I had pulled my right gluteus medius muscle - a muscle in my bottom!! A week later I lifted a full bag of cat litter to pour it and - ouch - I realised she was absolutely right. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Now my son does it for me! Cancer makes you scared. I will keep everything crossed for you that the reason for your pain is not related to the spread of cancer, and that your treatment is 100% successful x

1 Like

Hi Jacks, thank you for explaining. That makes sense. I’m still waiting on my final scan, but it seems that the cc is starting to leave my cervix and I may have a lymph node involved. So that may be the cause of my pain. I did dip my urine after I saw your message (worrying that I might have an infection or something too) and it is showing positive for leukocytes. I’m not sure whether these would be present or not with cc so I’m going to call my GP in the morning. I’m glad your treatment was successful x

Hi all

I just want to say thank you all for the replies and messages. It’s nice to have support. Less than a week until my colospocy and the nerves are kicking in now.

Hey,
I had low grade dyskaryosis and HPV and had my colposcopy 3 weeks ago
Feel free to message me about anything, I’m also feeling very alone in this situation and am feeling very nervous waiting for my results of my colposcopy :confused: