Just need someone to talk to I guess

Hi there…just need to vent a bit…was diagnosed with adenocarcinoma of the cervix and told it was in the lymph nodes too Sept 30th 2016…cosultant told.me it was curable. .had 25 radiotherapy, 5 sessions of chemo and 3 brachytherapy. .finished treatment Dec 29th. .before brachytherapy doctor said the tumour in cervix had shrunk considerably but was still in the lymph but not to worry because I still had the brachytherapy which will do the job…my question is had anybody else had this and it turned out ok…am goin crazy waiting to find out .x

Well you've come to the right place for someone to talk to ! :

I wasn't told what you were told - no one ever mentioned lymph nodes to me .  it was only when I got a copy of the letter from the hospital to my GP (and came on here for translation - thanks Tivoli ) that I knew I had lymph involvement.

Anyway - what you were told was before braccy and you have since had what I believe is the most effective part of the treatment - this on top of the chemorads still working their magic for some time after the last treatment will hopefully have done the trick.

Between now and March (when I presume you'll have your first scan) you'll start to feel so much better about things.

Keep active, keep busy and most if all, jeep positive x 

Thanks for the reply ..iv got an appointment in 5 weeks they said I'm not quite sure what that is for? I'm just thinking the worst of things..when I was having my treatment I was feeling really positive but after being told that I'm a starting to doubt things..I suppose it's because I'm at home a lot more now and not back and fo hospital..but I will try to keep.myself busy :-)

Hi Louise,

I had lymph node involvment and a grade 3 stage 3 tumour in 2008 and I am still doing fine!

Just wanted you to know that it is beatable. Try and keep yourself busy and keep positive.

Jules x

Hi julie thanks for the reply..so there is light at the end of the tunnel :-) iv been reading all the storieson here but I don't tend to see a lot with lymph involvement. .sayin that I don't see a lot with adenocarcinoma either..it just made me think maybe mine was different. .so it's nice to see people that have the same ..yea I'm going to stay positive. .it seems to do the trick on this page x

Hi Louise!

i had stage 2b and cancer in 3 lymph nodes. The cancer was still in my lymph nodes 4 weeks after I had finished all treatment Buuuutttt by 12 weeks after treatment it had completely gone and I got the all clear last June xx

Hi pinky. .that's great news for you :-)..thanks for your reply. .it's great to know people are going through and have gone through the same as you. .because at times you feel like your the only one goin through this...joining this page has made me feel so.much more positive about things :-) x

Hi hun,

Me too :) and i was all clear when i went for my results 3 minths after treatment. Your five week appointment will just be a check to see how you are getting on.

The treatment keeps working for a while after xxx

Hi emma..thanks for the reply. .it's the waiting that's the hardest part ain't it...like in said while avin treatment u av got so much going on u don't av time to think. .but when it's all over uv got time to think..but iv followed the other ladies advice and iv been keeping busy and it seems to be helping. .my house has never been so clean :-) xx

I have advanced cancer and mine was huge! It was in my lymph nodes and had started to grow in my kidney tubes - post scan showed there was only traces of it. I've not had any pain releif for 4 months either (I have other issues too) and I'm getting stronger - never give up believing xxx