Is it safe to leave low grade cells for 12 months

I'm sure I'm being really dramatic here but I went for my smear on the 1st July which came back hpv+ and low grade cell changes so I was referred for a colposcopy. That was yesterday and they said since it was only low grade they would leave them for 12 months and then do a repeat smear test at my gp surgery. I asked then if it was fine to wait 12 months and was assured that if they were to progress into cancer it would take around three years anyway so no risk to leave but I feel like I'm going to be looking into every twinge for the next year!!! I was glad she chose not to do a biopsy at the time but I'm now thinking it would have provided reassurance. 
I guess I'm hoping someone else on here with low grade abnormalities has been told the same thing so I can rest easy! 

Hey hun.

CIN1 they usually leave as it can return back to normal. CIN2 & CIN3 they tend the deal with.

I wouldn't panic as you are in safe hands now and if they thought you needed it treated they would have done so! I had a CIN1 result in my smear beginning June referred for a colposcopy and had 3 biopsies done. Ended up being CIN2 I am now at end of this month having a lletz procedure xx

Hello love, 

I received the exact same result as you in October last year for my first ever smear (Low grade dsykaryosis  and hpv+) I was told to come back for an other colposcopy in 6 months time( I cried so much thinking they were going to get worse in that time) So I had my second colposcopy a few weeks ago and my results have come back as very low grade changes and HPV identified and to come back for a smear in 12 months. From what I can gather it takes a long long long time for them to develop into anything serious. I've been dealing with this for around a year and my results have actually improved since my last appointment. From what the nurse said the cells have very nearly cleared up.  It's taken me a long time to get to a point where I feel like there is literally no point in worrying myself to death over something that can be sorted. Especially not for another year. In most cases our bodies will fight off the HPV within two years which should hopefully clear the cells up. It's not a nice situation to be in but it's reassuring to know we are being well looked after and being kept a close eye on. If you have any questions or need a chat,pop me a message anytime xx 

Sarah xx