Colposcopy Results

Hello - I have found this site very helpful over the last few months and everyone has been really supportive. I have just received my colposcopy results today and it says that I have HPV and CIN1 but I don't have to go back for 12 months. I am just worried still as I had borderline results last year and in 12 months I am CIN1 and I am worried that in 12 months again I will be CIN2 or CIN3. I know I should think myself lucky especially after what some of you ladies have been going through so I apologise for that but I feel like I would feel a bit better if I was being checked again in 6 months and not 12. Has anybody had experience of this before of being CIN1 and waiting 12 months?

Thank you

Jan 13 - borderline with HPV

Feb 13 - colposcopy - no treatment

Feb 14 - mild dyskaryosis with HPV

Mar 14 - colposcopy - CIN1 with HPV

Hiya, don't apologise CIN regardless of the grade is still pre cancerous cells and we all

need advice & support on it, I know that they say CIN1 can go back to normal so they take a watch & wait approach 

with it if it does then turn to cin2/3 then you'll be treated for it I do believe 12 months is the normal standard time in some places others do offer 6 months

check up. Xxx

Hi Nicola, thank you for your reply :-)

12 months just seems like such a long time but I guess the more I worry and stress over it the more it will get my immune system down and unable to get rid of this HPV!

I saw on your sign off that you had Lletz under GA on 2nd April and so if you're waiting for your results still then good luck xxx

Hello Hun, just wanted to say that I'm sure mild dykaryosis and CIN 1 are the same thing, if not scientifically the same they are still the same type of grade (if you know what I mean) so if anything from your biopsy in feb 2013 and your biopsy in feb 14 they haven't got worse. If they had they would have no option other than to treat you. Like Nicola said they wait and watch CIN 1 / mild dykaryosis as this can go away on its owtoss your body naturally fights off the hpv virus. They say it usually takes up to 2 years for your body to get rid of hpv so that's probably why they said another 12 months as if its still CIN 1 they will most likely treat sit as it seems your body isn't fighting it. I had borderline smears and my biopsy was CIN 2/3 iv just had the lletz treatment and its really not bad at all. I think if you worry about this now then you've got a really long wait until you get the answer you need. I think that you can request to have one maybe in 6 months instead of 12 (tell them it's getting you down with worry) but at the same time you never know you could go back in 12 months and you could be clear of hpv and a healthy lovely cervix ;) try not to worry too much xxxx

Hi Gem Gem thank you for your reply. My smear last year was borderline and biospy showed no abnormalities and this year the smear was mild dyskaryosis and biopsy was CIN1 - was the borderline one last year then the same as this one (is that what you mean?). Sorry it's just all so confusing. I think I may try and go back in 6 months just in case as I am such a worrier and  suffer with panic attacks etc. Good luck with your results! xxxx