Infected erosion

Hey so bit of background, had my 3rd child in 5 and a half month’s ago. My first period after was normal but from that ive been passing huge clots, tissue and excessive amounts of blood. Ive been bleeding in between periods and have been in a lot of pain. My blood test shows that my iron is very low. I went for an internal today with my GP and when she looked she said i have a huge erosion which looks infected and she has put me down for an urgent referral to get seen to.

However i feel like ive been left with so many unanswered questions… what happens next? Surley i cant be left weeks with an infection can i? I feel like ive got every sign of cervical cancer but i dont know if my mind is running away with me. Has anyone been through similar? What has your outcome been? What procedures and treatments did you go through? Thank you in advanced i greatly appreciate any help.

Bump

Hi Leolion3993

Sorry to hear about you are struggling with worrying symptoms at the moment. It’s good you’ve found Jo’s - great for reliable information and support.

There could be a number of reasons for your symptoms so, easy to say but, try not to jump to worst case conclusions. If there is even a slight chance of cancer then an urgent referral should mean you are seen within 2 weeks, so do some chasing up if you don’t hear about an appointment very soon.

It’s very understandable you are concerned about the GP’s comment about a possible infection, I would be too in your situation. When I saw my GP with symptoms (abnormal vaginal discharge in 2017) the first thing they did was to take a swab to be sent to the lab to check for infection. Did your GP take any swabs? You can always get a second opinion with a different GP whilst waiting for your referral.

I suggest resisting any temptation to try and self diagnose using Dr Google. More often than not it’s less than helpful and just causes more anxiety. I hope you get a better understanding of your symptoms very soon, fear of the unknown can be very challenging.

x

1 Like

Thank you so much for taking your time put to reply. I really appreciate it.

Because my baby is not 6 months old until the 23rd they cant take any swabs. I will try and no jump to conclusions though thank you.