In shock, frightened

Hi elimau

Sorry you’ve had a bad day; I also experienced nurses not fulfilling promises - it’s frustrating and causes us anxiety! Maybe next time ask your CNS what you should do if you don’t hear from them at the promised time or don’t get a scan when promised etc

I was working full time when I was diagnosed in 2017; I called Macmillan for support about my rights as an employee and they were very helpful: https://www.macmillan.org.uk/about-us/what-we-do/how-we-work/work-and-cancer

Take care

x

1 Like

Thanks Jazza, sensible and kind words. I finally realised yesterday that no matter how frustrated/ upset ones I couldn’t do anything about it at that moment so I decided to put it to bed and have a relaxing night watching TV with hubby. Feeling slightly better today.
You all inspire me xxx

5 Likes

Hope your feeling a little better today ive also had problems with the nurses not calling when they promised and not returning my calls it made me fear the worst, I had my coloscopy on the 14th September, ct on the 1st of October and mri on the 7th so about the same waiting times as you then it went to the panel on the 12th xx

Hi Dawnann
Thanks for your reply. Hope you’re ok too x
Having a much better day thank you.
Just had a call from the CNS. She says my histology is back but there were no clear margins. Says they will do MRI to see if spread as dr confirmed in colposcopy had attached to anterior vaginal wall, but giving a preliminary grade from biopsy sample (not sure how accurate these are?) of 1A2 which could change after MRI. I don’t understand enough to know what the chances are that this could be a higher grade on MRI or if this is unlikely…I am almost scared to hope.
Sending lots of hugs xx

If it has spread to the vaginal wall, there is a good chance you may be restaged at 2 following a scan. Please don’t panic. In terms of treatment, if you are offered chemotherapy and radiotherapy (which is standard if the cancer has spread) it will be highly effective. You will get the same number of treatments, and likely the same chemo drug as most people with squamous cell cancer, which it is most likely to be as it has originated on the cervix. There are many, many ladies on here who have been successfully treated for all stages of cervical cancer. The important thing now is that any satellites or spread of cancer is identified, so that the correct treatment is given first time. If the tumour is small and confined to a small area with clear margins, the treatment could be surgical. If there is a chance it has spread surgery becomes less favourable as ‘interfering’ with the cancer area could lead to the escape of cells which could then metastasise somewhere else. They will be really cautious and choose the best possible option to ensure your cure and recovery. Don’t think that if simple surgery is not the best option you are doomed. You are not! You are just one of us unlucky ladies to have this nasty insidious cancer invade your body - but it can be conquered! X

3 Likes

Thanks for explaining that. I was concerned that 3biopsy staging could be miles out but sounds like it’s in the ballpark of what I should expect xx

Can any of you ladies recommend anything for constipation, I’m taking tramadol and they have made me constipated just another symptom to add to the mix xx

A gastroenterologist recommended Dulcolux as a laxative. Dulcoease is the same as the capsules they gave me at the hospital - it’s not actually a laxative (doesn’t stimulate bowel movement) but makes poop softer through absorbing more water, whereas Dulcolax is a gentle movement stimulator. I prefer this as the alternative gives me diarrhoea…

Thank you il try that xx