I'm a worrier and just want to talk to someone

Hi, I’m 25 and I received my first smear in July, I forgot completely about it (stupid I know) and carried on with my life and forgot to ever rebook.

Since last January I’ve been bleeding but just put it down to my period and as I’m on the implant my dr told me it was that (another reason I should of went for my smear) it’s gruadally got worse and sorry for to much info but I’m at the put where I wipe and there is bright red blood and little blood cloths EVERYTIME! I also got to a point in which (and I’m so embarrassed to write this) I was experiencing a different smell to what my body normal has if that makes sense. Once night I was in bed and I had pains shooting down my leg which I don’t get as much now but still get.

I told my mum all this and I booked in for a smear her advice.

My smear results can back in the post and it’s been confirmed that they have found low grade cell dyskaryosis and I’ve tested positive for HPV. They have booked me in for a colposcopy and should receive my letter next couple of days I’ve been told.

I’m just a bit worried as I’m still bleeding and a bit fed up of it and the unknown.

I just wanted someone to talk to and hear someone else’s story as I feel like I’m going mad.

I’m sorry for writing this on here as I feel wrong for doing so but didn’t know where else to turn.

Thank you for reading x

Hi Lily,

just try not too worry about it,the colposcopy is not too bad at all and hopefully they can sort it out for you :) just stay positive and talk to someone about

it.I had abnormal results 2 years ago and colposcopy and LLETZ treatment done at the same time,now i have to have smears once a year,last year one was ok and i just had another one 10 days ago,so waiting for my results.I'm too worried but i'm sure it will be ok again :)

Good luck and stay positive!