If no news is good news, should I be worried? (children mentioned)

Hi I'm new here - I had a Loop Excision in June 2011 to remove high grade CGIN & in August 2011 I had a letter to confirm the abnormal cells had all been removed. Since then I had my daughter (3 years old) & several clear smear tests until recently. On 27 June I had a Colposcopy to check for abnormal cells as high risk hpv was found in my smear. They took a biopsy and now I'm waiting for the results. On 7th July I received a letter inviting me to meet with a Consultant in Gynaecology on 14th July (this week). I called to find out more information but nobody can tell me anything other than I should attend the appointment! Has anyone else been kept in the dark like this? I'm convinced Thursday will bring bad news. X

Hi Whippy,

From what I've read on this forum, the vast majority of letters sent out don't say anything other than 'come and see us'. It is bloody annoying. A lot of women try and call and most of the time get no futher information. Again, bloody annoying. 

Of course you are imagining the worse because we all do. I could say try not to worry, because you will - we all do. The only good thing right now  is that you will have your appointment this week and then you will know exactly where you stand and you can get yourself sorted out. We're all here to support you, so jump back on if you need to vent or chat.

Waiting sucks.

Good luck 

t x

Hi T

Thank you for replying....waiting does suck!!

The last time I had a dodgy smear test in 2011 I was told the results over the phone and then sent for Colposcopy & LLETZ at the same time - I think that's why I'm worrying now because my recent colposcopy was just investigatory and they've called me in within a week.

Can I ask how you were told and how quickly?  

Not too much longer to wait...ugh.   

Hi Whippy:

I'm no help on waiting/calls as I'm in the US and they do the whole results thing differently here. From what I've read on here, results and appointments can be any time at all, so I don't think you can draw any conclusions from the quickness of your call.

I always think doom and gloom. If the scan tech doesn't smile I think they're holding back tears because it's so bad. If they do smile, I think they're trying to cheer me up because it's so bad. I know it's all nonsense, but I can't help myself. Let's be positive here: you don't have to wait too long before you know what's up.  That is good. 

Fingers crossed for tomorrrow. Let us know how you get on.

love t x