I'am a HOT MESS

Hello all, I’ve wrote a few post here and there! Im currently in my 3rd week of radiation after a radical hysterectomy which they removed a 2.7 tumor from my uterus then found I was positive for LVSI and thats why the radiation now but before radiation I had a second surgery to transposition my ovaries so radiation wouldnt damage and make me go into menopause since im only 33yrs. Soooo I’ve heard alot of radiation and it chose me to be the worse right away :frowning: I feel like every week its something, and I’m over it…I know this is a temporary process and I hope it all comes clear at the end and its over. I pray for all in this forum and are struggling with this, may God continue to give us the strength we need because nobody understands only the one who is going through this​:heart:

4 Likes

Hi Mari, after week 3 of treatment can be tiring, I feel like that’s when my body actually started to register what it was going through. Your almost finished though, so that is good news! I also had my ovaries transposed, unfortunately for me it was unsuccessful & I ended up going into menopause at 33, that was a little shy of 3 years ago. If u start feeling any hot flashes after treatment make sure they keep testing your hormones, to keep an eye out. They waited a year before putting me on Hrt, hoping that I wasn’t gonna be in menopause , but after a long year of tests they realized I wasn’t coming out of menopause & that I needed to be on Hrt. I hope the rest of your treatment goes smoothly & if you have any questions you ca always message me.

2 Likes

Rissag I greatest appreciate your words of motivation! I think we all need and like to hear everyones experiences cause they help us all get through and gives alot of hope! Sorry to hear about menopause I heard its no fun, im already a hot body so those hot flashes sound horrible! Yea im halfway through 28 radiation sessions! Just trying to keep positive this is no walk in the park but we will all get through these bad days and moments!

1 Like

Hi Mari,
I hope today is a good day for you. Radiation and chemo are tough especially towards the end. I’m stage 3 Cervical and in remission. You have to try to take it day by day and not think of what is ahead. I was unable to have a hysterectomy because my tumor was large and it would affect how other parts would lay in my body. A few months after radiation, Ive had some issues from the therapy. I’m on hormones and am going through menopause. I’m mostly a sweaty mess and a little moody. You will get through this. Don’t overwhelm urself with the future. Get through one day, one appointment or one session at a time. God doesn’t give us fear, the Devil does. I REFUSE TO LET THE DEVIL WIN!!!

1 Like

Hi Maria, I just thought I would message you to let you know I’m coming to the end of my third week of radiotherapy and chemotherapy and finding it really exhausting/ tough too. My tumour is also 2.7cm and spread to one lymph node. However they did not have time to move my ovaries and said because of how high the lymph node was it might not be effective anyway. So I’m 32 and going to be sadly starting the menopause now I guess? Dreading what this means will happen to my body, but hoping I will get through it. We can do this! 2 more weeks to go, then I have 2 rounds of brachytherapy.

Sending you my best wishes and feel free to message me if you need any support as it does help me to know I’m not the only one going through this and hearing how so many women get through it Xx

1 Like

Ilovejoey & katie123

Thank you both for the positive feedback, means alot and gives me so much hope!! I feel like no one understands until I come on here and read a little and im like YESSS thats how I feel, and see how everyones is so strong and motivating😊 They say God gives his hardest battles to his strongest soldiers!!! WE GOT THIS!

1 Like